BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 2, 2016 6:30 pm  #1081

Re: Series 4 Setlock (potential spoilers)

Yes, I think like anything else, a well used Mind Palace can be effective...but we need clear lines between MP and reality.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

May 2, 2016 6:32 pm  #1082

This Is The Phantom Lady wrote:

What if the baby is actually never born... but Sherlock is imagining it all? Sort of like a reversed TAB? 

I saw that theory some days ago, never really thought about it, but could be. Nobody knows if the scenes we saw last week are relevant at all or are reality.

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

May 2, 2016 6:33 pm  #1083

I know, but I'm still unsure why they'd go down that route.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

May 2, 2016 6:38 pm  #1084

There have been a number of babies killed or otherwise harmed on Game of Thrones, nobody related to a POV character tho.
I don't want to see the Watson baby dead and I hope Moftiss will find a clever way to get themselves out of the corner they've written the show into in this regard.

-----
"The posh boy loves the dominatrix." Context matters.

May 2, 2016 6:41 pm  #1085

Now that you mention it, yes, a child directly related to one of the (many) main characters was horribly killed on-screen in Game of Thrones last season. I had forgotten about that.

It's not that I want a baby dead, of course, but it's more that I don't want a baby in the show to begin with. And now we have seen that the baby is already there. And I don't see any "good" way of writing the baby out of the show.

The less harmful one is that the girl isn't John's, but that doesn't fit with Mary's character at all as I see it. She was willing to kill John's best friend to keep her secrets so she could stay with John - and then she would go and cheat on him? It wouldn't make sense.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

May 2, 2016 6:44 pm  #1086

Or Mary and baby could be sent away, on a witness protection scheme, kind of thing.

May 2, 2016 6:45 pm  #1087

I think John's daughter living, but John never being able to see her, would almost be worse than death. I don't wish that fate for him.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

May 2, 2016 6:56 pm  #1088

I also cannot imagine the baby will die.

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

May 2, 2016 7:09 pm  #1089

ewige wrote:

There have been a number of babies killed or otherwise harmed on Game of Thrones, nobody related to a POV character tho.
I don't want to see the Watson baby dead and I hope Moftiss will find a clever way to get themselves out of the corner they've written the show into in this regard.

I´ll second that. I´d hate to see such development in a show like Sherlock. Darker series or not, such a plot point would be too drastic for my taste.

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

May 2, 2016 7:39 pm  #1090

None of the possibilities are pleasant but we've been promised dark and I think we should prepare for it.  This season is not going to be about happy endings.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

May 2, 2016 7:41 pm  #1091

Wonder if this will be the series cliffhanger...

May 2, 2016 7:43 pm  #1092

tonnaree wrote:

None of the possibilities are pleasant but we've been promised dark and I think we should prepare for it.  This season is not going to be about happy endings.

But Moftiss said that while Sherlock was not such a family show like Doctor Who, it was only one time slot behind.
I think they have a trick in store for us just like with the TRF explanation.

ETA: They won't dare to end S4 with a cliffhanger! I mean, that wold be really evil. The bad sort of evil, not the usual Mostiss sort. And they didn't even end TRF in a cliffie, so I hope they won't start with that now.

Last edited by ewige (May 2, 2016 7:45 pm)

-----
"The posh boy loves the dominatrix." Context matters.

May 2, 2016 7:48 pm  #1093

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

May 2, 2016 7:56 pm  #1094

Interesting! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

May 2, 2016 8:36 pm  #1095

Please look at this. I am quite excited. It seems Benedict today has been shooting in the very same location where Mycroft had his talk with Lady Smallwood and Sir Edwin at the end of HLV:

http://sherlock-addict.tumblr.com/post/143754351991/gosherlocked-heimishtheidealhusband

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

May 2, 2016 9:00 pm  #1096

OMG! That has so many possibilities! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

May 2, 2016 11:16 pm  #1097

YES YES YES

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

May 3, 2016 4:02 am  #1098

(In-)Official pardon?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

May 3, 2016 6:24 am  #1099

Or some sort of deal?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

May 3, 2016 6:25 am  #1100

Again?

Board footera