BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 22, 2016 8:19 pm  #1

Graham Norton Show 29.April 2016

Martin will be on the Graham Norton Show next Friday.

Also there will be Paul Rudd (yeah!), Seth Rogen and the singer Birdy.

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

April 22, 2016 9:36 pm  #2

Re: Graham Norton Show 29.April 2016

Thanks for the heads up! I will have to check it out.

Clueing for looks.

April 29, 2016 8:30 pm  #3

Could you please take a look on Martins right hand 

----------

April 29, 2016 8:51 pm  #4

----------

April 29, 2016 9:30 pm  #5

Ivy wrote:

Could you please take a look on Martins right hand 

Getting close to Mr. Rudd, there! Though Seth Rogan's got Paul Rudd's other leg!

Clueing for looks.

April 29, 2016 10:27 pm  #6

Well, I watched the show and I thought it was a lot of fun.  My first complete exposure, outside of a movie I suppose, to Martin swearing.  Haha.  I'm not a Seth Rogan fan and I have no particular affinity or dislike for Paul Rudd, but I thought everyone told funny stories, including Martin.  It was enjoyable and it passed quickly.

Clueing for looks.

April 30, 2016 7:48 am  #7

Yes, it was good!  Martin sometimes seemed a little bit prickly, if that's the word, but I think that's just him (I find him refreshing!).   Loved his Aiden Turner story!  Which went well with Paul Rudd's Michael Douglas story! Maxine Peake was great too - I don't think I've seen her interviewed before.  Witty and funny - looking forward to A Midsummer Night's Dream.

April 30, 2016 7:54 am  #8

( I am still having internet problems!)
I only saw about half of it, but for good reason:  we were watching TAB before!
So thankfully I both missed all the Love Actually stuff( a film I've never fancied), but did at least catch the little bit of Martin talking about Sherlock.
I don't know the other guys at all, but I thought they were both fab.
I mean guys cos I really like the actress, but never actually realised she was Maxine Peake!
Nice pic of them all.
No wonder Martin was a bit prickly. I like Graham, but I do find him a tad infantile. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

April 30, 2016 8:38 am  #9

Well, Martin's Hobbit story wasn't the most sophisticated - ha ha!  There wasn't a lot about Love Actually, and Martin did a good explanation of his "sex" scenes, I thought.  (I find Love Actually a bit of a mixed bag - it's a bit too schmaltzy for me, but some bits are really good.  There's a particular scene with Emma Thompson which is outstanding, and another with Alan Rickman that I love.   I like the Bill Nighy/Gregor Fisher couple.  Martin's part is quite sweet!).  I know Seth Rogan from a couple of comedy films.  He seems to be a naturally funny guy.

April 30, 2016 1:08 pm  #10

I need to find somewhere to watch the whole episode.  I've seen a few clips.  I adore Martin's prickilyness.  I think that's why we so often imagine John as a hedgehog.  

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

April 30, 2016 1:38 pm  #11

Oh, I need to find and watch this as well! I really enjoy Seth Rogen (he has the lovliest laughter in showbiz!) and Paul Rudd. So this should be fun!

Edit: Found this:

Last edited by Vhanja (April 30, 2016 1:46 pm)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

April 30, 2016 1:53 pm  #12

Oh Martin...........................how do I love you.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

April 30, 2016 2:28 pm  #13

This was hilarious. Poor Paul Rudd with his Michael Douglas story! 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Team Hudders!

April 30, 2016 2:37 pm  #14

Or poor Michael, depending on your point of view! Ha.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

April 30, 2016 3:09 pm  #15

besleybean wrote:

Or poor Michael, depending on your point of view! Ha.

Lol! That's what I was thinking. Pretty uncomfortable for both of them, though.

Clueing for looks.

November 28, 2016 5:13 pm  #16

Awesome! Yes, it looks like he's there for S4. Which will be kinda odd, because he can't say anything. As usual.

Team Hudders!

November 28, 2016 5:56 pm  #17

Oh, I agree. 

Team Hudders!

November 29, 2016 8:08 pm  #18

Superb that he will appear at least there if we can´t have him during events dedicated to Sherlock.
Maybe he´ll spill some beans about S4... 

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

December 15, 2016 11:23 am  #19

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

December 15, 2016 11:38 am  #20

Board footera