BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 15, 2016 10:14 pm  #421

Re: Sherlocked - The Official Sherlock Convention

Today all suscribers to Sherlocked the official convention received an e-mail entitled "A Public Notice Regarding Sherlocked UK 2016".

I'll post the picture -because the e-mail contained only a picture- in a moment.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

January 15, 2016 10:35 pm  #422

And here is the picture

This gives me Victorian feelings, for some reason.

"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

January 17, 2016 9:45 pm  #423

Hmmm, very Victorian, indeed! 

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

January 20, 2016 2:10 pm  #424

So, the first guests are announced: Steven Moffat, Mark Gatiss, Sue Vertue and Natasha O'Keeffe who played the Abominable Bride in the Special. Mmh, no Benedict or Martin... Benedict was the main reason for buying a pass at the last convention but without one of the main actors attending I will not pay money for another convention. I was hoping for Martin and/or Amanda. Maybe they will announce them later.

Edit: Only the VIP Package includes among other things:
1 x Pre-Signed Benedict Cumberbatch Autograph

Interesting! Looks as if he will not attending this time.

Last edited by Steph (January 20, 2016 2:25 pm)

January 20, 2016 8:22 pm  #425

Then again, it might be a precaution in case he cannot attend, so as not to leave anyone disappointed.

I've bought a ticket -platinum...£3,000 is a bit out of my reach- but I dearly hope it will be possible to buy extra photo shoots later.

I have to admit that the one on the Victorian set is very tempting -I shall, of course, yield to temptation if it is possible.
Well...the other photo shoots on set are very, very tempting...I'll just have to wait, I suppose.

I solemnly swear that hang on, it sounds very Potter-ish, doesn't it? I'll write you a report as I did last year.

January 28, 2016 8:36 pm  #426

I was gonna try and make it... then I realised it clashes with another conference I want to go to and that one is more important but not Sherlock related (shock horror I know right?!) Also the other one happens where I live so I don't have to go anywhere!

Have a great time all those who go!

---------------
It's not really a ship, it's more like a life raft.

January 28, 2016 8:51 pm  #427

More important than Sherlock?
Is that even possible?

What's your conference on?

January 28, 2016 8:58 pm  #428

Lilythiell wrote:

More important than Sherlock?
Is that even possible?

What's your conference on?

I can either make it sound boring,pompous or as if I'm attending something by the illuminati by being mysterious and lying (only lies have detail)...

or I can just tell you the truth which is just as boring... It's our local Pagan Federation conference. Happens same Saturday every year. I hate missing it because the speakers never really do the same talks again and I get discount books, and do some one chance shopping... win win!

---------------
It's not really a ship, it's more like a life raft.

January 29, 2016 12:48 am  #429

I am probably supposed to be working . But stuff that . When they announce Mr Moriarty the wonderful AS day, I will buy that ticket, and if I have to fake my death or something for work...so be it !

"Man may not be degraded  to being a machine by being denied to be a ghost in the machine."
It's just transport. The virus in the hard drive . However impossible .Must be the truth.

January 29, 2016 2:19 pm  #430

Nothing boring in a conference on Paganism, Little Weed.
It's an interesting topic, to be sure!

April 8, 2016 11:05 pm  #431

Sherlocked The Event was on a set of Sherlock and would borrow some of it for their convention:

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

April 8, 2016 11:11 pm  #432

Ooo, that must be wonderful for the convention!

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

April 9, 2016 7:55 am  #433

Yes, I have to applaud the organisers of the events and the wonderful cooperation of the BBC and Sherlock team.
I haven't yet been able to attend myself, but I loved seeing all the snippets from the last one.
My absolute favourite was the Andrew-Mark double act.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

April 9, 2016 9:31 am  #434

Good Lord it is going to be amazing...!

April 19, 2016 2:02 pm  #435

Does anyone fancy sharing a room at the Crowne Plaza Hotel for the convention? I got a super duper deal, the room's already booked so if anyone's going and fancies (well...doesn't mind) sharing, PM me for more details.

April 22, 2016 4:56 pm  #436

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

April 22, 2016 5:07 pm  #437

She's a friend!
But lovely to see Daddy and Mummy Batch.
Not that I'm going...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

April 22, 2016 5:34 pm  #438

It will end up on yt like the Q&As last year. I hope they talk about embarrassing stuff  Benedict did in his youth. 

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

April 22, 2016 5:35 pm  #439

I have no idea why they are announcing Yasmine like that. Janine is a great character but we have known for over two years that she is neither the first nor the second. No surprise in that. 

I wonder if we will see Mummy and Daddy in series 4 as well. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 21, 2016 6:29 pm  #440

Hey guys!  They just made a couple other announcements on the site.  The awesome duo that gave us the soundtrack to our addiction, Michael Price and David Arnold, will be there!  "They will be taking part in FREE Talks, signing autographs, photo shoots and will be making themselves available to meet the fans, more details will be announced closer to the event."  Also also.....  Redbeard!!        The beautiful Red Setter from the show will be there for limited time on Saturday for photos.

So that brings the guest list to them, Mark, Steven, Sue, Phil Davis (Cabbie), Yasmine Akram, Alistair Petrie, Natasha O'Keeffe (Bride), Timothy Carlton, and Wanda Vetham, with "many more to be confirmed"?.  Luckies!  Oh, but the news notice also says that Mark ran into problems with theatre commitments, so is now only going to be there Sunday.

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

Board footera