BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 3, 2016 12:12 am  #41

Re: Marvellous Midyear Fic Exchange 2016

Aww, please don't feel bad Whisky I'm sorry if the way I phrased things made you feel judged! I didn't intend that at all. These things happen, life can overwhelm us and I'm sure there were more important things going on in your life that had to take priority, it's all good. I was just trying to say that if anyone feels they can't participate because they are nervous about committing, that we are here to help and support each other.

Edit: sometimes I don't think before I say things!

Last edited by ukaunz (April 3, 2016 12:14 am)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

April 3, 2016 12:24 am  #42

I just wanted to clear things up a bit with my post, so they don't get in the way of this new exchange.

there was nothing wrong with anything you wrote, ukaunz :-)

Last edited by Whisky (April 3, 2016 12:30 am)

"It is what it is."

April 3, 2016 12:29 am  #43

Okay, that's good

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

April 7, 2016 9:31 am  #44

I do hope more people will sign up. Come on ladies, writing fic is fun!

April 7, 2016 2:58 pm  #45

Yeah!  Come aboard; there's plenty of room for more writers!

April 14, 2016 4:36 am  #46

I felt this needed another bump.

I am so exciting about taking part!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

April 14, 2016 4:47 am  #47

We might have another participant joining in soon...

April 14, 2016 8:50 am  #48

Ooh, yeah, that's nice :D

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

April 14, 2016 9:25 pm  #49

I hope so!

April 18, 2016 8:48 pm  #50

Yay, The Boss will be joining us  So that's 10 participants.

Anyone else out there thinking about giving it a go? Registrations close 25 April!

April 18, 2016 8:58 pm  #51

Yay, that's great news!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

April 18, 2016 9:25 pm  #52

Great news! I'm getting excited to start.

Clueing for looks.

April 19, 2016 7:13 am  #53

Half shuffling my feet, half nervous for the prompt. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

April 19, 2016 7:43 am  #54

So I'm curious, do people like to get quite specific prompts, or do they prefer more freedom?

April 19, 2016 12:54 pm  #55

Since I have only done the Secret Santa once, I can't say for sure which I prefer. The prompt I had to fill that time was a certain scenario but without many required details. I was fine with that. I like to be able to have the room to make choices, but restraint in a prompt can allow for creativity in other ways.

I don't know how you are planning on doing it, but last time we were sent the likes and dislikes for reading along with the prompt, which we could also draw from if we wanted to.

Clueing for looks.

April 19, 2016 2:31 pm  #56

I am excited to start as well, I need something else to do...notwithstanding the fic I had started 2 years ago that I still haven't finished :-P

As for prompts, I agree with Yitzock, they can be very specific and restrained and creativity will be expressed differently; but they can also be very vague, giving the writer more freedom to create.
I admit that I was very daunted in the face of it for the Secret Santa, I didn't know quite how to work it out - nor what to write about, for that matter, and it's in that where that likes and dislikes come into play, help shaping the Work.

All in all I had a tremendous fun writing for the Secret Santa, and really look forward to this new Fic exchange!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

April 19, 2016 7:35 pm  #57

I mostly just start writing. And then I keep writing some more. 

April 20, 2016 6:58 am  #58

I'm sending prompts out in less than 2 weeks*, I hope everyone will be ready!

It would be great if all participants could check in regularly here so that we all know you're still with us 

*In fact I might send them out earlier if I am quick to match everyone up.

Last edited by ukaunz (April 20, 2016 7:02 am)

April 20, 2016 7:05 am  #59

Still here. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

April 20, 2016 7:06 am  #60

Oh I wish I would be in the right mood for writing. But also time ist missing because of my theatre project.
I'm a bit jealous.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

Board footera