BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 10, 2015 2:21 pm  #81

Re: John and Sherlock Drunk

Lola Red wrote:

Or Sherlock started deducing a police officer on the way home. It would not be the first time he ended up in a police cell for showing off 

Oh yes, I can definitely see this happening!

Last edited by ukaunz (June 10, 2015 2:21 pm)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

June 10, 2015 2:50 pm  #82

8 beers in two hours, including some of them spiked with spirit, would have me in a similar state as Sherlock without a doubt.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

June 10, 2015 3:38 pm  #83

ukaunz wrote:

Lola Red wrote:

Or Sherlock started deducing a police officer on the way home. It would not be the first time he ended up in a police cell for showing off 

Oh yes, I can definitely see this happening!

I WANT to see this happening. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

June 10, 2015 6:57 pm  #84

lol Nice interpolations! I can see those happening.  And the police officer denies everything, and then something similar to the"I know ash" incident happens, except the police officer arrests Sherlock for assaulting him.  John defends him because he's drunk and not in his right mind.,  And there we go.  
Or the guy at the apartment has them arrested after Sherlock vomits everywhere and nearly passes out a couple times.

Clueing for looks.

June 11, 2015 1:04 pm  #85

There is no law saying "showoff" is an offence though, I suppose? :D
Problem is, Sherlock's show offs always end in insults. Or at least, people feeling insulted :D

"It is what it is."

June 11, 2015 4:49 pm  #86

Yes, exactly, and since we know that when he's drunk he will be a bit more physically forceful, I think the officer could says something.  It's a minor offence, of course, and Lestrade is with Scotland Yard and is able to get them out.

Clueing for looks.

June 11, 2015 9:31 pm  #87

I always figured it was the guy whose carpet was vomitted on who called the police. And Sherlock probably put up some struggle, either as he did with the guy or by being drunk and insulting. And John followed suit. 

That's always been my headcanon anyway.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Team Hudders!

June 12, 2015 9:44 am  #88

Vhanja wrote:

8 beers in two hours, including some of them spiked with spirit, would have me in a similar state as Sherlock without a doubt.

I'm pretty sure it's impossible to even GO to 8 pubs in two hours. That'd have to be 10 minutes in each and 5 minutes walking time between each. Pretty fast going.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

June 12, 2015 9:46 am  #89

Vhanja wrote:

I always figured it was the guy whose carpet was vomitted on who called the police. And Sherlock probably put up some struggle, either as he did with the guy or by being drunk and insulting. And John followed suit. 

Yeah, he already said earlier on that he was going to call the police, so he's already threatened them with that. And then maybe when he went to actually do it, Sherlock got aggressive with him like the "i know ash" moment and it all got a bit crazy.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

June 12, 2015 9:55 am  #90

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

I'm pretty sure it's impossible to even GO to 8 pubs in two hours. That'd have to be 10 minutes in each and 5 minutes walking time between each. Pretty fast going.

I've always found that a bit curious as well.

Same as Ben's statement that Sherlock being drunk was a "thing of it's own". Meaning that playing Sherlock drunk was something different from playing John or anyone "normal" being drunk. I have to say I disagree with him. I found drunk Sherlock to be more or less like anyone else who get drunk when they aren't used to drinking.

Team Hudders!

June 12, 2015 1:19 pm  #91

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

Vhanja wrote:

Yeah, he already said earlier on that he was going to call the police, so he's already threatened them with that. And then maybe when he went to actually do it, Sherlock got aggressive with him like the "i know ash" moment and it all got a bit crazy.

I think they actually filmed this scene and they are keeping it under lock and key with the Gay Bar scene in order to torture us until Johnlock becomes canon. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

June 13, 2015 10:55 am  #92

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

Vhanja wrote:

I think it's possible to go to so many pubs in places where pubs are all over the place. Like Edinburgh grassmarket. I'm sure it would work in London, too. Out of one pub, into the next.
What I don't believe is that it works with a murder/case theme - that would have needed a very locally focused crime then. (maybe s.o. spiking drinks in the pubs on one street only - a serial killer case?)
:D

"It is what it is."

June 13, 2015 12:51 pm  #93

They went for a drink in every street where they found a body, so with a bit of luck there were several pubs in one street (btw, we haven't seen 8 murder cases, have we?) (If there was a murder - or body deposited - in Place St. Anne in Rennes, it wouldn't be any problem at all to go to 8 different bars within two hours.... The result wouldn't be anything out of the ordinary, either. )
And Mrs. Hudson might have been wrong about the 2 hours...

April 14, 2016 9:30 am  #94

Somebody used science and counted the alcohol intake of boys during the stag night. The results are interesting - also, Molly´s involvement in a situation now looks a bit... suspicious.

http://sherlock-addict.tumblr.com/post/142755470016/inevitably-johnlocked-57circlesofhell

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

April 14, 2016 9:39 am  #95

For science!

Nice calculations. I never got that "two hours" thing to work, though. For it to be even practically possible, they would have to down their drinks and immediately run to the next pub. Neither can they go that far from Baker Street since travelling between pubs would also take some time.

Sounds more stressful than fun, to be honest. 

Team Hudders!

April 14, 2016 9:48 am  #96

I like the idea of Molly's involvement!

Have to say though, that Molly probably still has her own interests in mind,
so wouldn't necessarily encourage Sherlock to get going with John... ;-)

Last edited by Whisky (April 14, 2016 9:50 am)

"It is what it is."

April 14, 2016 9:56 am  #97

Maybe Molly wanted them to get too drunk to be able to "get going" with anything. 

Team Hudders!

April 14, 2016 10:57 am  #98

I think Molly knows by now that the Sherlolly ship has sailed. Maybe she truly wanted to be of help.  

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

April 14, 2016 12:20 pm  #99

I like that thought. 

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

April 14, 2016 12:50 pm  #100

Vhanja wrote:

I never got that "two hours" thing to work, though. For it to be even practically possible, they would have to down their drinks and immediately run to the next pub. Neither can they go that far from Baker Street since travelling between pubs would also take some time.

Steve Thompson - never allowing a sensible plot, or sensible timing, to get in the way of the story. *insert eye roll here*

Board footera