BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 1, 2016 9:16 am  #1

How to make a Screenshot

I don't know how many options there are and if there are better than mine.
I watch the film on my pc, (make sure that the mouse is not somewhere in the centre) and press "print" on my keyboard. That's all.
It sometimes helps to pause the film before pressing "print", though.

I then save the image, and cut the unwanted parts off with image processing software (mine is GIMP), and convert the .png to .jpg for better loading.
The saved and cut image must be uploaded to a server to be shared with others.

Last edited by Harriet (April 1, 2016 9:17 am)

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

April 1, 2016 7:44 pm  #2

Re: How to make a Screenshot

Yep.   And if we're posting this for the record/those new to it, on a Mac, you would just use the keyboard shortcut command-shift-3 (then also play with the file via Gimp or such).  Of course, they don't let that (or video capturing) work if you're playing an actual dvd with DVD Player  (copyright rule or something).  Never bothered with it myself, but I'm sure there's other software or an app in that case, considering how often I see fans with captured clips/screenshots!

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

April 2, 2016 10:17 am  #3

If you want to make a screenshot of a pic or text on a website or when you watch a video on a website, I recommend "Nimbus". Very easy.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/nimbus-screenshot-and-scr/bpconcjcammlapcogcnnelfmaeghhagj?hl=de

https://addons.mozilla.org/de/firefox/addon/nimbus-screenshot/

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

January 21, 2017 12:06 pm  #4

If you want to make the SC from the player, my advise is to use Media Player Classic Home Cinema - you can find the feature of making screenshots simply in menu "File". You can also scroll the film frame by frame, to pick the best one - and to use many other useful options.

And if you feel like to edit the ready screenshots, I recommend Irfan View - basically just the graphic viewer, but with very comfortable editor, and many surprising extensions.

Last edited by Naavy (January 21, 2017 3:19 pm)

Board footera