BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 28, 2016 8:13 pm  #21

Re: Marvellous Midyear Fic Exchange 2016

I'm glad you're excited about the exchange

Hey BOSS, I'd like to invite you to join the exchange, but your inbox is full!!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

March 28, 2016 8:59 pm  #22

'Course I am

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

March 29, 2016 12:34 am  #23

Thanks everyone for submitting your prompts. Hope I didn't sound impatient, of course there is still plenty of time!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

March 29, 2016 7:48 am  #24

I messaged the Boss on Twitter. Great idea to invite the boss. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

March 29, 2016 8:37 am  #25

Oh that's great thanks Susi, hopefully she'll see your message and join us

March 31, 2016 8:42 pm  #26

Numbers are looking good now

Anyone heard from the Boss yet?

April 1, 2016 12:33 pm  #27

Is anybody in contact with Kerkerian? Maybe she wants to join as well.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There is a place for people like you, the desperate, the terrified. The ones with nowhere else to run."
"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

April 1, 2016 12:46 pm  #28

Looks like she hasn't been on the forum since she last posted on January 4.

It's such a shame the forum is so quiet lately!

April 1, 2016 1:16 pm  #29

ukaunz wrote:

Numbers are looking good now

Anyone heard from the Boss yet?

Nothing on Twitter so far. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

April 1, 2016 1:32 pm  #30

I´d join but I´m fearful. With my rotten luck, the story written for me would explode before it could be posted. Or mine own PC would collapse. 

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

April 1, 2016 1:53 pm  #31

What do you mean, nakahara, by exploding before it could be posted?

Clueing for looks.

April 1, 2016 6:38 pm  #32

Yitzock wrote:

I´m reffering to a last year´s "Secret Santa". It was the first time I joined the exchange of fictions and I enjoyed it immensely until Christmas... and then I was left without a fic and only received one through the kindness of another member, Dorothy, a month after the exchange ended...

And it´s like that every time I really enjoy something. It gets screwed up like this at the end...

So I´m really hesitant to join... what guarantee is there that such things won´t be repeated?

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

April 1, 2016 7:15 pm  #33

I am sure that ukaunz will make sure that won't happen again.

Please join us!!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

April 1, 2016 7:18 pm  #34

I can understand your hesitance, then.  I know we can't guarantee it won't happen again, but in a smaller group I'd say it's less likely that something will go wrong, just because the group is smaller.  And I doubt the chances are high of it happening to you twice in a row. I'm sure that doesn't really help, so maybe I shouldn't say it.  But anyway, it's up to you.  You can always just read the fics as they are posted and enjoy them even if they weren't specifically written from your prompt.

Last edited by Yitzock (April 1, 2016 7:19 pm)

Clueing for looks.

April 1, 2016 7:45 pm  #35

I´ll ask ukaunz for a questionnaire then. 

April 1, 2016 9:15 pm  #36

Is this you asking?

April 1, 2016 9:36 pm  #37

Yes. 

April 2, 2016 2:50 am  #38

Okay, so I've been reading the Secret Santa thread and what I gather happened last time was a new member said she would participate and then you never heard anything from her again. It looks like she didn't really participate in the forum at all, didn't become part of the community... That's a shame. Anyway, we have a lot of reliable regulars participating this time, and newer members who are pretty active, so hopefully that disappointing thing won't happen again

If anyone is a bit nervous about participating, I completely understand. I'm sure we can help each other out if anyone has trouble finishing their fic, or just needs some encouragement?

April 2, 2016 11:55 pm  #39

Definitely, yes!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

April 3, 2016 12:04 am  #40

nakahara wrote:

Yitzock wrote:

I´m reffering to a last year´s "Secret Santa". It was the first time I joined the exchange of fictions and I enjoyed it immensely until Christmas... and then I was left without a fic and only received one through the kindness of another member, Dorothy, a month after the exchange ended...

And it´s like that every time I really enjoy something. It gets screwed up like this at the end...

So I´m really hesitant to join... what guarantee is there that such things won´t be repeated?

nakahara, let me put it like this: it didn't get screwed up, I did screw it up. Big time.
I learned my lesson, and I promise I will not participate in a fic exchange anytime soon again (if ever). I'm terribly sorry you got the feeling that it's always you who misses out, and it makes me twice as sorry. (no big help, I know, but still true.)
I'm sure everyone out there is more reliable than me, so please, please don' t let this bad experience keep you from taking part!!
sorry for speaking up like this here, but I feel responsible for your hesitance and I don't want you to miss out because of my messing up

edit: just saw you are taking part. I'm glad.

Last edited by Whisky (April 3, 2016 12:05 am)

"It is what it is."

Board footera