BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 20, 2016 10:26 pm  #1

The Sherlock Manga is officially heading to the West

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

February 27, 2016 8:28 pm  #2

Re: The Sherlock Manga is officially heading to the West

Oh yeah, I saw that article as well. A friend of mine read an online translation of it way back when. I don't like reading manga illegally, though. From what I know, they are manga adaptations of the TV episodes. But I am still intrigued and might buy them if I like what I see. I haven't read manga since I was 17 or 18 (I'm turning 20 - ugh - in April, for context) and have not watched a lot of anime since then either. I used to read manga all the time. This has the possibility of getting me interested again. Like I said, if I like what I see. At that very least, I am intrigued.

Last edited by Yitzock (February 27, 2016 8:28 pm)

Clueing for looks.

February 27, 2016 11:30 pm  #3

I've never watched anime or read manga, so it's fairly unlikely I'll start now, to be honest. I do like the artists style from what I've seen of it, though.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

February 28, 2016 1:09 am  #4

Yeah. It's essentially just a comic book adaptation that happened to have originally in Japanese. Because it's an adaptation of Sherlock it will be different than other manga, anyway.

Clueing for looks.

March 18, 2016 3:27 am  #5

Hey guys!  So I skim over The Mary Sue blog for fun/geeky/entertainment news sometimes, and being followers of various fandoms, they often have neat headlines of stuff shows/movies are up to.... including recently, when a few variant covers of the manga (and a preview page) were released!  Very typical of the more hyper-intense manga style, but still cool seeing Sherlock like that.

http://www.themarysue.com/titan-comics-english-sherlock-manga/

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

March 18, 2016 4:10 am  #6

They look very cool, but why are there so many different covers for the "Study in Pink" edition, I wonder?

March 18, 2016 4:18 am  #7

In the article, it says it "features oversized issues and tons of variant covers featuring the work of various artists to make it worth it."   Putting different special versions out there?  Or, and this is only from remembering another 'special edition' version of a graphic novel I picked up once... it had the main cover, then special featured variant covers in the back pages, plus bonus artwork.

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

Board footera