BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 12, 2014 6:16 pm  #21

Re: How did Sherlock do mobile phone trick?

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

At the beginning when he texts everyone in the room saying "Wrong!". Pretty amazing....

Anybody know how something like that can be done?

It's called GeoFencing.  Here's everything you never wanted to know:

http://www.tatango.com/blog/top-10-most-commonly-asked-location-based-mobile-marketing-questions/

March 16, 2016 11:07 am  #22

A theory that "It wasn’t actually Sherlock who sent the three “Wrong!” texts. It was Moriarty (or an agent of his)."
http://itsnotchancemrholmesitschess.tumblr.com/post/141075002357/a-fan-of-sherlock-holmes

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

March 16, 2016 12:43 pm  #23

ukaunz wrote:

A theory that "It wasn’t actually Sherlock who sent the three “Wrong!” texts. It was Moriarty (or an agent of his)."
http://itsnotchancemrholmesitschess.tumblr.com/post/141075002357/a-fan-of-sherlock-holmes

It is an interesting theory, but personally I disagree with it. I think that Sherlock´s SMS to Lestrade "You know where to find me. SH" comes too quickly after the "Wrong!" messages to the press (and in direct connection with these messages) for it to be a coincidence. Also, "Wrong!" messages are one of the first signs of Sherlock´s cheeky character. Take all these signs away and ascribe them to Moriarty and what would be left of Sherlock´s character? Not much, I presume.

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

March 16, 2016 2:18 pm  #24

May I just take a moment to say how much I admire the level of intelligence in this fandom. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

March 16, 2016 8:12 pm  #25

I think you're right nakahara. But I do like to read all these theories and metas even if I don't agree with them, because the people in this fandom are so clever, like tonnaree says. And always thinking about Sherlock

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Board footera