BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 1, 2016 3:49 pm  #21

Re: Holmes/Watson from Other Adaptations

Reichenbach letter - because people leave a note when....

Last edited by nakahara (February 1, 2016 3:55 pm)

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

February 1, 2016 3:50 pm  #22

Watson a day, drives boredom away:

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

February 1, 2016 3:56 pm  #23

They can´t get any closer to each other. This is what I call shipping:

February 4, 2016 10:05 am  #24

Why I love this Russian version...

Last edited by nakahara (February 4, 2016 10:06 am)

February 4, 2016 10:09 am  #25

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

February 4, 2016 1:27 pm  #26

In this case the Russian way is the only way.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

February 4, 2016 4:50 pm  #27

A tad ironic, considering the real situation in Russia.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

February 8, 2016 8:01 pm  #28

Nice bit from TPLOSH:

February 8, 2016 8:09 pm  #29

Watson, all sad after Holmes´s apparent death, wanders around his friends desolate room:

February 8, 2016 8:43 pm  #30

I really must find time to watch the Russian series. I've only managed to watch about an hour of the first episode 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

February 8, 2016 9:48 pm  #31

Please do, it´s quite funny and moving at the same time.

February 8, 2016 9:54 pm  #32

nakahara wrote:

Nice bit from TPLOSH:

Love this one! 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

February 15, 2016 9:33 pm  #33

Simply the best! And straight from the Canon! 

February 15, 2016 9:56 pm  #34

Robbing CAM´s office proved to be more crazy than expected:

February 17, 2016 9:14 am  #35

March 10, 2016 3:10 pm  #36

I´ve read about this movie, that it could be an inspiration for the modern (BBC) version of Sherlock. I checked it out and the similarities are really striking:

http://aytiws.com/2000/07/zero-effect-1998/

http://www.chronologicalsnobbery.com/2008/01/zero-effect-tenth-anniversary-of-daryl.html

Last edited by nakahara (March 10, 2016 3:12 pm)

March 14, 2016 1:03 pm  #37

Watson engaging in a very useful activity:

March 15, 2016 9:15 am  #38

Nice banter. Holmes is pulling Watson´s leg and Mrs. Hudson is deadpan, as always.

March 15, 2016 10:12 am  #39

And look at this - not sure if this is the right place but Moftiss like to borrow from other adaptations. It is from "Sherlock Holmes in New York" (1976), probably not a masterpiece of the genre, but look what someone discovered ("Did you know that my full name is William Sherlock Scott Holmes?")

[

March 15, 2016 10:47 am  #40

WOW! Fantastic find!
So this "Sherlock´s full name" featured in popculture for a while. Amazing.

Last edited by nakahara (March 15, 2016 11:55 am)

Board footera