BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 11, 2015 8:16 pm  #61

Re: Plot Bunnies: Opening the Hatch!

Sherlock and John dancing at a Ceilidh.
Whisky (the drink, not me or the terrier) can be involved. Also Violin playing.

Last edited by Whisky (March 26, 2015 6:34 pm)

"It is what it is."

June 16, 2015 5:21 pm  #62

Mycroft and Sherlock both fancy Irene. Irene chooses John instead :D

"It is what it is."

August 6, 2015 4:28 pm  #63

QuiteExtraordinary wrote:

In SIB Mycroft mentions that Sherlock wanted to be a pirate when he was a child. Many fanfics are built around that but mostly have Sherlock in a pirate's disguise for Halloween or something.
I would really like to read an AU where Sherlock is captain on a pirate ship in, let's say, the 16th century. His crew captures a ship where John Watson perhaps works as a ship's doctor, and they become friends. Or fall in love. Or whatever you like. I would try to write it myself, but I do not know enough about ships and piracy and don't feel like doing all the research. Maybe someone else could ...

I suppose you've come across this one, but just in case...it's still a WIP but it has all the prerequisite you've given
A Further Sea, i_ship_an_armada and ShinySherlock

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

August 6, 2015 4:36 pm  #64

Severe angst for this plot bunny ahead.
After Sherlock's fall, John is severely depressed (and even more...) and starts hallucinating Sherlock, so much so that he alienates* himself from every single one of his friends and has to be institutionalised.
When Sherlock comes back for real, John doesn't realise he's the real deal. Can Sherlock convince him?

*John withdraws into himself, but do his friends really give up on him and his sanity?

(what do you mean, I haven't got over TRF yet...?)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

August 11, 2015 3:27 am  #65

How about this one?  Mycroft, just as he admits to John, starting out, worries constantly about Sherlock (for obvious reasons).  But as time goes on, he comes to worry about John as well, and during a scenario that any of you can think up, he lets John know that.  (Not only because John and Sherlock are in a dangerous profession, but also because John is too stubborn to accept help when he needs it, and perhaps for other reasons as well.

Would anyone like to adopt this plot bunny? =)

March 13, 2016 1:27 am  #66

Another plot bunny: a non-slash, non-Johnlock crossover between BBC Sherlock and the Granada series.  Sherlock and John travel back in time to meet their Victorian counterparts, played by Jeremy Brett and David Burke.  (Preferably a pre-Hiatus story for both sets of characters.)

March 14, 2016 1:15 am  #67

I think I've seen this idea of yours before, and I do like it. I'm not sure how the time travel would work – do you have any ideas for how it would happen? And I assume you mean the Reichenbach hiatus? That would be pre-1891. What about the character of Mary Morstan? Dr Watson marries her in 1888 in ACD canon. Not sure when she is supposed to have died.

You've got me thinking about this...

Last edited by ukaunz (March 14, 2016 6:24 am)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

March 14, 2016 9:36 am  #68

ukaunz wrote:

I think I've seen this idea of yours before, and I do like it. I'm not sure how the time travel would work – do you have any ideas for how it would happen? And I assume you mean the Reichenbach hiatus? That would be pre-1891. What about the character of Mary Morstan? Dr Watson marries her in 1888 in ACD canon. Not sure when she is supposed to have died.

You've got me thinking about this...

But she does not feature in the Granada version of the story, so she´d be nonexistent there.

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

March 14, 2016 10:01 am  #69

Of course, you are right.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

March 14, 2016 2:41 pm  #70

Yes, pre-Reichenbach hiatus and pre-Barts hiatus; hence Victorian-era Dr. Watson, as played by David Burke.  And a crossover between the Granada series and the BBC series, so that Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson are still rooming together, because the doctor is not married.  (The time that the modern-day Sherlock and John are in would be following the events of "Hounds of Baskerville," but before "The Reichenbach Fall."  It would be 1890 in Victorian London.)

As for the "how," my idea is  based on this start of a story that was begun back in 2010: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/6502321/1/Sherlock-Holmes  Unfortunately, the author abandoned it in 2011 after only 2 chapters, and I see no indication that she will ever continue it (I assume that the author is a "she").  Perhaps she would not object if someone else took it over.  Of course, the first 2 chapters would have to be heavily revised and rewritten.  It would begin with the exchanges of letters that are seen in the posted chapters; it would progress to actual back-and-forth travel between the 2 time periods, which would be required to solve this case.

Imagine what it would be like, if the 2 Sherlocks and the 2 Johns actually met face to face!  What would they make of each other?  What would the modern-day Sherlock and John think of the Victorian-era Mrs. Hudson, Mycroft Holmes, and Inspector Lestrade?  What would Holmes and Watson think of John's blog?  (Of course, Sherlock and John would want to take their smart phones with them to 1890, and perhaps before their departure, John would be able to transfer the contents of his blog to the hard drive of his laptop, and then transfer it to his smart phone's hard drive.)  For that matter, what would John think of his Victorian counterpart's stories, as published in The Strand and in book form?  And suppose, at some point in the process, the Victorian-era Holmes and Watson ended up having to travel with their modern-day counterparts to modern-day 221B Baker Street?  It'd be the same issues in reverse! =)  Imagine them having to deal with the modern-day Mrs. Hudson, the much-slimmer Mycroft, Detective-Inspector Lestrade, Molly Hooper, and perhaps Sally Donovan and Philip Anderson!

Last edited by kgreen20 (March 14, 2016 3:13 pm)

Board footera