BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 9, 2016 6:58 pm  #1

Star Trek Next Generation: Sherlock Holmes episode now playing on Syfy

Just about to watch it!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

March 9, 2016 8:36 pm  #2

Re: Star Trek Next Generation: Sherlock Holmes episode now playing on Syfy

So which episode was it (there is more than one) and how did you like it?

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

March 9, 2016 8:39 pm  #3

Oh right!
Well I'd definitely seen this one before and I loved it.
It's the one where Moriarty takes over the ship.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

March 9, 2016 9:25 pm  #4

I just watched that one online (because of this thread), it's called 'Elementary, my dear Data'. Do you know the titles of the other ones, Solar? I might be interested in watching them too

I don't think I've watched an entire episode of Star Trek TNG before. I've seen a couple of the new ST movies, and possibly some of the original TV series. This episode was a bit bland, what with Moriarty turning out to be a misunderstood creature who only wants to live it's life, but I gather that's how they always ended. Still, I do like Data's version of Holmes

Last edited by ukaunz (March 9, 2016 9:30 pm)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

March 9, 2016 10:04 pm  #5

ukaunz, the other SH episode is called "Ship in a Bottle", it's about Moriarty's 'return' and how the crew of the Enterprise enables him to lead the life he wants to live... sort of.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant

March 9, 2016 10:31 pm  #6

Thanks Solar, I will check it out

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

March 10, 2016 6:38 am  #7

Think I thought that's what this episode was....

March 10, 2016 8:59 am  #8

Well the one I watched was Moriarty's first appearance, and he does take over the Enterprise. Then they "save" him as a program in the ships computer until such time as they can give him a "real life", which would be the other episode Solar mentioned.

March 10, 2016 11:21 am  #9

Exactly, ukaunz.

Spoiler:

In the second episode - which is not really a SH episode anymore, come to think of it, apart from Moriarty - he reappears and demands to finally be able to lead a real life. In the end the crew finds a way to store him in a computer programme (without him being aware that it's just a programme and not real life) which enables him to live a whole life. And he will never know that it's not real.

Last edited by SolarSystem (March 10, 2016 11:22 am)

March 10, 2016 4:35 pm  #10

Which is the episode that was on and I saw!

November 24, 2017 5:11 am  #11

Loved it!

Board footera