BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 7, 2016 3:04 am  #1

What date did Sherlock jump off St. Bart's?

I'm writing a fic that is the month leading up to the 1st anniversary of Sherlock's suicide.  Do we know the date?  I have a guess it's at the end of November but that's just a guess.  Anyone know for sure? Thanks!

March 7, 2016 5:05 am  #2

Re: What date did Sherlock jump off St. Bart's?

According to the blog, John wrote a short goodbye on 16th June while the blog entry about Baskerville was posted on 16th March. The fall must have happened between those two dates.

If you take the blog into consideration, of course.

How did you come up with November? Just curious.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

March 7, 2016 5:16 am  #3

Have a look at this timeline
http://bakerstreet.wikia.com/wiki/Sherlock_Timeline

It seems it was either the 20th of November or the 12th of June, which is a huge discrepancy obviously! John's blog has always had some inconsistencies with the show.

Good luck with your fic

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

March 7, 2016 5:26 am  #4

Is the November date deduced from the newspaper articles shown in TRF?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

March 7, 2016 5:32 am  #5

Taking a look at your link, I'd say yes.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

March 7, 2016 5:45 am  #6

I wasn't sure, I was getting muddled. It's a shame the showrunners made such a mess of the timeline.

Last edited by ukaunz (March 7, 2016 5:46 am)

March 7, 2016 4:48 pm  #7

Yes fromTRF  newspapers.  

Board footera