BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 29, 2016 10:23 pm  #1

Caption Competition Week 100

Sooo.... For this nice, new round with a wonderful No. 100, we have this picture:

Please, tell me, what is the Bride saying in this pic? 

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

March 1, 2016 8:23 am  #2

Re: Caption Competition Week 100

To Sherlock and John: "I'm the ghost of Mary's revenge. You two have something going on?"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

March 1, 2016 11:32 am  #3

The Bride (to Sherlock and John): Six years! Ten episodes! Romantic obstacles and more tension than in every electric power station! Enough is enough!! NOW KISS!!!

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

March 1, 2016 11:38 am  #4

mrshouse wrote:

The Bride (to Sherlock and John): Six years! Ten episodes! Romantic obstacles and more tension than in every electric power station! Enough is enough!! NOW KISS!!!

That´s the spirit, mrshouse!

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

March 1, 2016 12:10 pm  #5

Outstanding, mrshouse! 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

March 5, 2016 5:28 pm  #6

Bride: That's the last time I eat five sour candies in one bite.

Clueing for looks.

March 5, 2016 5:30 pm  #7

Bride: Nobody leaves this wedding alive unless someone confesses to ruining my makeup.

Clueing for looks.

March 5, 2016 6:26 pm  #8

Both are wonderful, Yitzock! LOL! 

March 6, 2016 2:02 am  #9

"What did you say? My bridal veil looks exactly like those ugly curtains?? Die!!"

Last edited by Whisky (March 6, 2016 2:03 am)

"It is what it is."

March 6, 2016 2:05 am  #10

"Yes, of course I am a vampire! The last one was tasty... and the next one is you! Or you? YOU!"

"It is what it is."

March 6, 2016 2:09 am  #11

voiceover: 
"God Sherlock, she really was going to shoot us!"
"Well, John, undressing always does the trick. Got me out of many tight spots."
"But Sherlock, she's in shock now."
"Yeah who cares. Give her a blanket and then we can elope."

Last edited by Whisky (March 6, 2016 2:28 am)

"It is what it is."

March 6, 2016 2:16 am  #12

"OH MY GOD, is that Sherlock series 4 you're hiding there?!! Give it to me, right now!"

"It is what it is."

March 6, 2016 8:49 am  #13

"I'm a disgruntled bride, and I'm armed. If I don't get every last thing on my gift registry right now I'm going to start making small, yet significant holes in people."

Last edited by ukaunz (March 6, 2016 8:51 am)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

March 6, 2016 11:35 am  #14

"I was told this was a unique, one of a kind dress, and now I find out everyone and their arch nemesis is wearing it! Well I'm about to get rid of these cheap knock offs!"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

March 6, 2016 12:13 pm  #15

(To Moftiss) "YOU... need to get your act together. Tell us once and for all if Moriarty is dead or not!"

March 7, 2016 7:34 am  #16

Bride:  "I don't care if you are Sherlock's brother.  Step away from my wedding cake."

March 7, 2016 2:32 pm  #17

You are all so excellent, ladies! And your posts are hilariously funny!

This would be a hell to choose from...

March 7, 2016 2:34 pm  #18

You've really gone to town! They're all hilarious!

Clueing for looks.

March 10, 2016 3:31 pm  #19

OK, this was thus far one of the hardest rounds to decide, because the quality of all contributions was excellent. Still, one post was especially hilarious...

And so...

The winner is....

Yitzock wrote:

Bride: That's the last time I eat five sour candies in one bite.

Congratulations, Yitzock!

March 10, 2016 3:52 pm  #20

Big congrats, Yitzock, that was a good one. 

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

Board footera