BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 11, 2015 2:17 pm  #21

Re: Earworms - what song is stuck in your head?

Herman Hermits' "No Milk Today" 's been stuck in my head for a little more than a week now!

Last edited by Lilythiell (December 11, 2015 2:19 pm)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

December 11, 2015 2:22 pm  #22

Wow, that one is very catchy, that´s true.

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

February 23, 2016 5:30 am  #23

Saint Hughs - I Like You
Heard it on a podcast as the opening/closing music and it's so catchy.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

June 8, 2016 11:33 pm  #24

I've had a few David Bowie tunes on a rotating position as resident earworms, but I think the one that has been there the most lately is Drive-In Saturday.  It's not even fast, so I'm not sure why.  I find it's usually the upbeat catchy tunes that get stuck in my head the most, but I guess pace doesn't matter so much as the tune itself.

I woke up with it in my head on Monday morning, then my parents and I went to a show with completely different music, but without even listening to Drive-In Saturday that day it was back in my head by bedtime.

Last edited by Yitzock (June 8, 2016 11:34 pm)

Clueing for looks.

June 30, 2016 3:31 am  #25

I hate to call this an earworm, since it's beautiful/love it, but I recently rediscovered Rachel Platten's 'Fight Song' and it's been stuck in my head all week!     (lol... although thanks a lot, thread, like someone above said, I came here to post about that, and got reminded of 'Hello' again!) ;)
Been around over a year, but curious did it spread much over there?  Take a listen - just such a touching tune about your inner strength, with catchy, lighthearted notes:

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

June 30, 2016 3:53 pm  #26

After hearing it in one of the Three Patch Podcasts, I can't get this out of my head. What a powerful song!

Doomsteady on AO3 & Tumblr

June 30, 2016 6:29 pm  #27

Russell wrote:

I hate to call this an earworm, since it's beautiful/love it

It can still be an earworm, even if you like the song.  Earworm just means it's stuck in your head.  I mentioned in my post what song was stuck in my head and it was a song I like.

Clueing for looks.

June 30, 2016 9:13 pm  #28

Oh, I know!  'Earworm' just sometimes has connotations of being an annoyance (which it can be, on repetition, but that's all I meant).   Don't suppose many people have heard the song?  Of course, now it's mixed with 'Hello', thanks to someone's earlier post....  ;D

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

June 30, 2016 9:31 pm  #29

Thanks Russell and GimmeCat for posting both those songs, I especially liked the style of the Susanne Sundfør one, but I'll definitely play Fight Song for my daughter, it's a great song for strong girls

My earworm at the moment is "Someone to Lava" because my daughter is learning it on her ukulele.

Last edited by ukaunz (June 30, 2016 11:46 pm)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

July 1, 2016 4:12 am  #30

ukaunz wrote:

My earworm at the moment is "Someone to Lava" because my daughter is learning it on her ukulele.

Aack....  noo!   The Lava song!  Noooo... not the Lava song!!!         
That darn, short, pretty little video nearly teared me up the first time I saw it!   

July 1, 2016 4:38 am  #31

Oops, sorry

Yeah, I get a bit choked up every time I watch it too...

July 1, 2016 1:53 pm  #32

I remember crying when I saw the short, too.  Leave it to Pixar to bring tears to my eyes.

Clueing for looks.

July 1, 2016 8:20 pm  #33

Oh, no kidding....  we won't even talk of the beginning of 'Up'.      

July 2, 2016 1:44 pm  #34

That one doesn't need any further mention, that's for sure.  Beautiful sequence.

Clueing for looks.

Board footera