BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 28, 2016 8:29 pm  #281

Re: Jeremy Brett Picture Thread

BrettHolmes wrote:

Yeah, he was ill when he made it. I do think all the episodes are worth watching (at least once) but in alot of the later episodes towards the end of the series (particularly from "Memoirs") he is clearly not well and it not always comforting to see him in that state even if his acting performance is still excellent.

Yes, that´s true. He was a man of admirable determination and fighting spirit, I guess. To be so sick and still persevere and act... incredible. 

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

January 28, 2016 8:44 pm  #282

Here is a very fun pic with featuring four legends of British TV. It features Jeremy along with David Suchet (Poirot), John Thaw (Inspector Morse, he also played Jonathan Small in The Sign of Four), and Peter Davison (best known for Doctor Who). 

January 28, 2016 9:17 pm  #283

LOL! Wonderful to see these guys together, thank you! 

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

January 29, 2016 12:59 am  #284

Some fantastic ,  brilliant pics and gifs here . Just had a great time looking through them all. OH the feels . I watch Granada every time I catch it on itv3 , but realise now how very much for granted I have been taking it. Brett as Dracula was new to me and a highlight , and so many moments of nostalgia , watching Brett as Holmes with my family were always golden moments. Realising it's been twenty years is a shock though!
Thanks so much for sharing your stuff , what a tribute   

"Man may not be degraded  to being a machine by being denied to be a ghost in the machine."
It's just transport. The virus in the hard drive . However impossible .Must be the truth.

January 29, 2016 3:01 am  #285

Your Welcome 

January 29, 2016 3:01 am  #286

February 1, 2016 11:13 am  #287

Wonderful again!
Jeremy practiced archery in RL also, isn´t it so?

February 3, 2016 11:16 pm  #288

Recently, I was reading Daphne du Maurier´s "Rebecca" for the first time - and then I discovered, that one of the best adaptations of the book had Jeremy in the role of Maxim de Winter! 

I was youtubing and God, Jeremy was fabulous in that role!

True babe. And the rest of the cast was fantastic too. 

February 3, 2016 11:18 pm  #289

February 4, 2016 4:21 am  #290

Yeah, I'm glad you enjoyed "Rebecca", that ranks among one finest performances. I would also recommend "The Good Soldier" (which is from the novel by Ford Maddox Ford, who as you may also know wrote Parade's End) as he is also excellent as Edward Ashburnham.

Prior to playing Sherlock Holmes, Jeremy was in many great TV productions throughout the 60's and 70's. Very few are on DVD but as you pointed out you can watch them on You Tube.

Last edited by BrettHolmes (February 4, 2016 4:22 am)

February 4, 2016 10:04 am  #291

It´s so weird that this adaptation isn´t on DVD, the acting of all three leads was magnificent here. Bless the youtube for allowing us to experience this wonderful piece at least.

I already tried to watch "Good Soldier" once but got distracted by more important things and didn´t yet manage to finish it. But I like what I have seen so far....

February 4, 2016 4:13 pm  #292

Jeremy as D'Artagnan from the 1966 version of The Three Musketeers

February 5, 2016 4:41 pm  #293

Jeremy with Audrey Hepburn from the 1956 movie version of War and Peace 

Last edited by BrettHolmes (February 5, 2016 4:42 pm)

February 5, 2016 4:44 pm  #294

Ooh! Nice one! 

Clueing for looks.

February 12, 2016 11:18 am  #295

February 12, 2016 2:10 pm  #296

A classic shot! 

Last edited by BrettHolmes (February 12, 2016 2:11 pm)

February 12, 2016 2:11 pm  #297

February 12, 2016 2:16 pm  #298

Naval Treaty? I love that episode!

February 12, 2016 2:19 pm  #299

From "The Hound of Baskervilles"

Last edited by BrettHolmes (February 12, 2016 2:27 pm)

February 12, 2016 2:21 pm  #300

Jeremy could often display a cat-like quickness especially in the early episodes

Last edited by BrettHolmes (February 12, 2016 2:29 pm)

Board footera