BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 22, 2016 8:22 am  #281

Re: The Hollow Crown: The Wars of the Roses (was "Richard III")

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

January 22, 2016 8:24 am  #282

My daughter actually screamed when I had shown her eye brow action - she is more Tom Hiddleston fan but she said there is no question that BC is just the best actor around.
I think Judi Dench is a bit too old for her part, although it shouldn't matter in a play. I love blind casting.

January 22, 2016 8:36 am  #283

What an amazing pic. And, yes, miriel, the eyebrow twitch is great. Micro-acting at its best. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 22, 2016 9:12 am  #284

A little bit of the preview can be seen here, including the eyebrow twitch. I'm deaded
http://adorable-bc-pictures.tumblr.com/post/137789803156/benedict-cumberbatchs-scenes-in-the-hollow-crown

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

January 22, 2016 2:27 pm  #285

Oh my.  Honestly, this look good.  I know I'll be imagining him as Hamlet when I read that later in the semester, but it looks like I'll be picturing him while reading Richard III now, too.  I missed the eyebrow twitch before when I saw a lower quality video of that.

Clueing for looks.

January 22, 2016 5:40 pm  #286

Fantastic clip.
Ah yes, I remember now.
I said: I can guarantee it will air when I am away in April!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 22, 2016 11:55 pm  #287

* thuds *

Shakespeare seems to be made for Benedict. Is it April yet??

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

January 23, 2016 8:23 am  #288

So with Setlock too, this is going to be a good April!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 23, 2016 4:51 pm  #289

The last two videos don't work here.
Now I start getting seriously concerned what might be wrong with my laptop.

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

February 5, 2016 9:56 pm  #290

An amazing new promo pic:

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

February 5, 2016 10:03 pm  #291

Oh yes.

February 6, 2016 7:45 am  #292

* gasps *

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

February 6, 2016 8:50 am  #293

I like the picture, but it looks really photoshopped to me - not something I usually notice.  I suppose that's just the way they do things now!  (Or maybe I'm wrong, and it's just a normal photo).  I'm so looking forward to this!

February 6, 2016 8:51 am  #294

Oh I agree, it's obviously a made up pic for advertising purposes.

February 6, 2016 10:03 am  #295

I think they wanted to have these characters in the same pic for promo purposes but there was probable no scene in which they all appear. So they chose this way to do it. Quite a common practice. 

February 6, 2016 10:24 am  #296

Indeed and 'promotion', that's the word I was looking for!
#50+

March 8, 2016 11:56 am  #297

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

March 8, 2016 12:26 pm  #298

All hail the King.  

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

March 8, 2016 12:37 pm  #299

I am so very, very excited for this. 

March 8, 2016 12:38 pm  #300

Coming soon... I need a date!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

Board footera