BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 5, 2016 10:03 pm  #1521

Re: Let's talk all things lovely about Ben...

Fantastic.
Better than a silly old honour!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

February 5, 2016 10:15 pm  #1522

SusiGo wrote:

Benedict has been appointed Visiting Fellow of Lady Margaret Hall College, Oxford:

http://www.theguardian.com/education/2016/feb/05/oxford-college-appoints-benedict-cumberbatch-emma-watson?CMP=twt_a-education_b-gdnedu

http://sherlock.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=6792

Maybe my choice for the topic name wasn't good enough?!
I thought the fact that he is almost a professor at Oxford now deserves it's own topic.

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

February 5, 2016 10:21 pm  #1523

Sorry, I did not see that. No need to get upset. 

I have deleted my post. 

Last edited by SusiGo (February 5, 2016 10:22 pm)

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

February 5, 2016 10:26 pm  #1524

Ooh, neither did I...I will over there now!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

February 8, 2016 7:33 pm  #1525

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

February 8, 2016 7:35 pm  #1526

One of my favourite Benedict stories. And just imagine, now he is doing this with his own kid. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

February 8, 2016 8:32 pm  #1527

The kid doesn't know how lucky he is! Which is a good thing, of course. All little kids should be lucky enough to have Benedict Cumberbatch read them a story

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

February 14, 2016 8:49 am  #1528

This is actually because I'm too tired and too lazy to think for myself... but here goes:

What is the most romantic Benedict film?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

February 14, 2016 8:56 am  #1529

God knows and I don't even want to think about it, cos I hate romance.
But TV series, I would say Parade's End.

February 14, 2016 11:03 am  #1530

Most romantic Benedict film? Sherlock.

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

February 14, 2016 4:08 pm  #1531

Hm. I haven't seen everything Ben has done, but has he done pure romance yet?

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

February 14, 2016 4:10 pm  #1532

I don't think so and I hope he doesn't.

Last edited by besleybean (February 14, 2016 4:11 pm)

February 14, 2016 5:48 pm  #1533

I don't think so and I hope he will eventually.
Just as I hope that he will do some comedy (again). "Starter for 10" was great, but I want more.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

February 14, 2016 5:50 pm  #1534

Oh yes I loved Starter for 10.
He does comedy very well.
Parts of Hamlet were hilarious.

February 14, 2016 5:54 pm  #1535

True.
And those few scenes in "August Osage County" have shown that he would be wonderful in a romantic movie. Always assuming that he'd take great care in choosing the right screenplay.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

February 14, 2016 5:56 pm  #1536

Actually yes, sorry...I should have thought of Osage County.
I love Lil Charles so much.

February 24, 2016 9:32 pm  #1537

Very amusing introduction to the Hound of Baskervilles written by none other than Benedict:

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

February 24, 2016 9:38 pm  #1538

This is lovely, so very much Benedict, long, eloquent, funny. 

February 24, 2016 9:41 pm  #1539

Lol, that's wonderful! 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

February 24, 2016 9:57 pm  #1540

It's kind of cute that he still thinks a lurcher is an Irish wolfhound cross!  He mentioned that in an interview, and that they were his favourite dogs.   I bet his dad was great at reading stories to him!  Lovely introduction.

Board footera