BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 1, 2016 6:33 am  #241

Re: sherlock series 4 (spoilers inside)

It may partly depend if different filming is taking place in the same country.
I know he's only staff. But remember when Sherlock and WHO were filming at the same place and on the same day? Well actually it's happened twice. So Steven was able to seamlessly move from one set to the other!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

February 1, 2016 9:03 am  #242

Here is an interview with Amanda. She talks about Sherlock from 15.00 onwards:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3G0iTt_lRDk&feature=youtu.be

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

February 1, 2016 9:41 am  #243

Oh good. That's about what I thought scheduling wise. I know that Martin likes that it's about 8-12 weeks of work doing Sherlock as he says he gets bored so I expected those completion dates for filming.

---------------
It's not really a ship, it's more like a life raft.

February 9, 2016 5:26 pm  #244

Anybody else been reading this? Can someone please talk me down a bit?
http://marybegone.tumblr.com/post/138993074306/milarvela-marybegone-milarvela#notes

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

February 9, 2016 5:39 pm  #245

No need to get worried. I was always skeptical about a fake pregnancy, being married to a doctor and all that. So I assume Mary IS pregnant and will give birth to a baby. Which as such means absolutely nothing but that there will be a baby most of us have expected. We had this discussion after series 3 aired and nothing has changed since then. So even if this is a casting call for series 4, it will only mean that there is a certain continuity.  

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

February 9, 2016 5:48 pm  #246

We have had extensive debate about the possibility of a fake pregnancy, which got quite heated.
But I have always tended to the really pregnant scenario.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

February 9, 2016 5:55 pm  #247

SusiGo wrote:

No need to get worried. I was always skeptical about a fake pregnancy, being married to a doctor and all that. So I assume Mary IS pregnant and will give birth to a baby. Which as such means absolutely nothing but that there will be a baby most of us have expected.

Either that, or the baby and its mother will die in Season 4, since it's canon that Dr. Watson never becomes a father, and that his wife dies.

February 9, 2016 5:58 pm  #248

I do not deny this. I just said that there will be a baby but we do not know what is going to happen to Mary and the baby. There is of course also the option that John is not the father. 

Another thought - I find this casting call for a newborn quite strange. You could ask around friends and family, there usually is a newborn around. Smells a bit fishy to me. 

February 9, 2016 6:02 pm  #249

It would be weird if there isn't a baby, why bring it up in the last series and then oops baby is gone. It'll interesting to see what is the screentime of this baby and what happens to her. 
I really like to see some Sherlock with baby scenes. I mean Archie was basically a small Sherlock, but babies don't do a lot and they touch things,uuuhhhh that'll be exciting for Sherlock. *LOL* I totally expect a "Sherlock has to look after Baby Watson" scene. 
But anyway there's already a thread about that topic.

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

February 9, 2016 8:48 pm  #250

I think maybe the baby may be one of those fix its .Watson had a descendant in tplosh and also the Rathbone Watson had a daughter.

"Man may not be degraded  to being a machine by being denied to be a ghost in the machine."
It's just transport. The virus in the hard drive . However impossible .Must be the truth.

February 9, 2016 8:56 pm  #251

But it would be a fix-it no one really wanted … 

February 9, 2016 9:11 pm  #252

Though Sherlock and John raising baby, would be quite cute.

February 9, 2016 9:32 pm  #253

After having read N&N I do agree. 

February 9, 2016 9:36 pm  #254

I'm just not sure about needing to see this in the show...

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

February 9, 2016 9:37 pm  #255

Yes. But them raising the baby alone without Mary would be better than the alternative. 

February 9, 2016 9:37 pm  #256

Oh no, I could live without it.

But yes Susi, that was my thinking.

Last edited by besleybean (February 9, 2016 9:38 pm)

February 9, 2016 9:38 pm  #257

Indeed 

----------

February 9, 2016 9:40 pm  #258

I must admit I am really, really curious what they are going to make of this. 

February 9, 2016 9:57 pm  #259

SusiGo wrote:

After having read N&N I do agree. 

God I love that story!

----------

February 9, 2016 11:18 pm  #260

besleybean wrote:

We have had extensive debate about the possibility of a fake pregnancy, which got quite heated.
But I have always tended to the really pregnant scenario.

I was the one that had a cheeky theory about Mary forgetting her pilllow and the like.... 

But I think it was obvious that when writers made Mary pregnant in S3, her child will be born in S4. It would be very weird if it disappeared suddenly. So to some extent, this was a foregone conclusion.

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

Board footera