BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 4, 2016 4:38 pm  #1

Proof that Janine works for Moriarty?

Janine's lines about Emelia and how badly she got treated were interspersed with shots of modern Sherlock & Janine, echoing how badly Sherlock treated HER.

Janine was part of the crazy women's movement/army, are we to assume she will be part of Moriarty's movement/army too, still wanting revenge for how Sherlock hurt her?

It's been a fan theory for a while that Janine will emerge as a bad guy in S4.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

January 4, 2016 5:50 pm  #2

Re: Proof that Janine works for Moriarty?

I'm aware of the Janine theories... and I would actually like to see her come back... and it would be fun to see her as a baddie, to punish Sherlock for him using her... 

In Sherlock's mind though... I've been wondering if her being there, and the flashbacks to how Sherlock played her could have been flashes of Sherlock feeling guilty? That he knew what he did was wrong... And his tormented mind might have wanted to play a bit of a trick on him and bring back some bad memories to bring himself down further... 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

January 4, 2016 6:18 pm  #3

At the end of S3 I felt that Janine was pretty satisfied.  She honestly liked Sherlock and was a bit hurt that he used her in that way.  But she more than got hers back with all those fake interviews.  I wouldn't mind if she showed up again in some capacity but I don't see her as a bad guy.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

January 4, 2016 6:24 pm  #4

It could be, but I don't think so.  Molly is shown in much the same light (part of the gang, one of the brides, etc. - in fact she's a key player).  (Although Molly could be part of Moriarty's network too - that would be a really unexpected twist!).  It turns out that the pilot is also part of it

I thought Janine's "revenge" was kind of flattering - she could have said a lot worse!  And we also know that Magnussen was torturing her.  I think she's very likeable and for that reason wouldn't really want her to become a baddie. 

I agree that Sherlock seems to feel guilty in his mind - his voice over when we see Janine as the bride suggests that.  I think he looks remorseful even back in the hospital. 

January 4, 2016 6:25 pm  #5

I agree with you, tonnaree. I can't picture her as baddie. Maybe they will become kind of friends in s4. 

But we'll see what Mofftiss plan with her is, if threre is a plan to give her a role in s4.

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

January 5, 2016 12:21 am  #6

I actually thought Janine and Sherlock would have made a cute couple. *gasp*

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

January 5, 2016 12:29 am  #7

Well, they still could, even if the both Irish people would work together. With Sherlock and Moriarty having a serious obsession about each other, they surely wouldn't mind it.

------------------------------------------------------------
"Love something, and love it deeply."
Andrew Scott

"I don’t care how hypothetical it is, I’m not flying with a live otter in the flight deck."
Captain Martin Crieff

January 5, 2016 12:54 am  #8

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

Oh, they'd be an adorable couple.  If only girls were Sherlock's area.  

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

January 5, 2016 6:55 am  #9

tonnaree wrote:

At the end of S3 I felt that Janine was pretty satisfied.  She honestly liked Sherlock and was a bit hurt that he used her in that way.  But she more than got hers back with all those fake interviews.  I wouldn't mind if she showed up again in some capacity but I don't see her as a bad guy.

Let's not forget that it was mentioned how CAM used to treat her badly. He flicked her face and who knows what else. I thought that hei line about Emilia echoed that.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

January 5, 2016 7:02 am  #10

I remain unsure if it was coincidence the team chose an attractive brunette Irish woman for Janine.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 5, 2016 8:13 am  #11

tonnaree wrote:

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

Oh, they'd be an adorable couple.  If only girls were Sherlock's area.  

And he wasn't... what ever the hell he is.. :D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

January 5, 2016 8:16 am  #12

I thought that Janine's way of having her revenge on Sherlock in HLV was pretty classy. In my opinion it should stay that way. Of course she could make a classy villain... but in case they bring her back at all and she still seeks revenge, I think I'd prefer if she continued to do it like this and not turn into a full-blooded villain.  

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

January 5, 2016 10:51 am  #13

I agree.   I thought the revenge was quite pertinent as well - he denied her sex, and she claimed the opposite!  It certainly wouldn't have harmed his reputation.   I think actually the big wound was that he lost her as a friend.    I don't think I want to see her as a villain.  Mary would make a great villain (although I suspect that twist has already been done and resolved in HLV), if they're looking for a female nemesis - Janine, no.  (I'm not talking about the actor's abilities - I'm sure  Yasmin could do it, but the character is funny and likeable, and I'd prefer her to stay that way). 

Last edited by Liberty (January 5, 2016 10:52 am)

January 5, 2016 10:59 am  #14

I've only just realised that I was more going down the route of Janine being related to Moriarty...though she could still work for him, of course.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 21, 2016 10:14 am  #15

I think it would be interesting to have Janine actually turn out to be a criminal. It's intriguing they gave her a different surname on the credits Donlevy.

She's very clever and manipulative.

It's interesting that she says I know what kind of man you are... (I know lots of people read this as gay)

But it has layers and echoes of Jim Moriarty seeing Sherlock first as 'ordinary' then as not an angel... and then as a complete reflection of Jim.

Last edited by Little Weed (January 21, 2016 10:16 am)

---------------
It's not really a ship, it's more like a life raft.

January 21, 2016 4:59 pm  #16

I think Janine means she knows Sherlock isn't interested in relationships.

January 21, 2016 5:13 pm  #17

besleybean wrote:

I think Janine means she knows Sherlock isn't interested in relationships.

Asexual/Aromantic

Yeah that's how I see it as well... When you get to your 30's and the only real close relationships you've had (that we know about) are with a dog and your flat mate it's kind of telling...

---------------
It's not really a ship, it's more like a life raft.

Board footera