BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 9, 2016 11:04 pm  #2561

Re: The special - the game is on (spoilers)

stoertebeker wrote:

nakahara wrote:

Czech television was able to broadcast the episode with fabulous dubbing only a day after its premiere, so I really wonder what is the problem in the case of ARD. 

They had to broadcast Tartort with Til Schweiger

Abominable! 

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

January 9, 2016 11:06 pm  #2562

Yes, that could be true. What a shame! 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 9, 2016 11:08 pm  #2563

nakahara wrote:

stoertebeker wrote:

nakahara wrote:

Czech television was able to broadcast the episode with fabulous dubbing only a day after its premiere, so I really wonder what is the problem in the case of ARD. 

They had to broadcast Tartort with Til Schweiger

Abominable! 

Yeah, the word 'abscheulich' is very fitting in this case 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There is a place for people like you, the desperate, the terrified. The ones with nowhere else to run."
"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

January 9, 2016 11:19 pm  #2564

Here's a link to the thread for episode titles in other languages than English
http://sherlock.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=5428

... and I would love "Die abscheuliche Braut" 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

January 10, 2016 12:34 pm  #2565

"Die Absceuliche Braut" does sound an awful lot like the Danish title! 

Which is airing tonight! 

I'm sorry for you German fans having to wait so long! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

January 10, 2016 1:17 pm  #2566

Yeah, it's a steady nuisance with the German broadcasting  . I hadn't mind that much in the past because I saw the original version beforehand anyway. But with TAB it's really annoying because of the prevented cinema screening. It would have been so nice to have been able to share the fun of watching it with other Sherlockians  .
On the other hand I am glad that Sherlock isn't broadcasted by a private channel with plenty of commercial breaks. So the only alternative would be Pay TV, like with Doctor Who in Germany, but that wouldn't be a satisfying option either. So we have to live with what we get. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There is a place for people like you, the desperate, the terrified. The ones with nowhere else to run."
"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

January 10, 2016 9:46 pm  #2567

The app here, in Denmark for watching it live (other than on actual TV) was down due to too many visitors during the episode. I have a strong feeling there's a connection! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

January 10, 2016 9:55 pm  #2568

In Norway, it got the creative title of "Sherlock Spesial", with the illuminating subtitle: "Original title: Sherlock Special". 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

January 10, 2016 9:57 pm  #2569

How... special... 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

January 10, 2016 10:27 pm  #2570

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

Board footera