BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 13, 2012 9:39 pm  #1

What will happen to Lestrade?

Saw this topic being discussed somewhere else so thought I'd let it do the rounds for a while here.

What do you think will happen to good ol'Greg in Series 3? I mean, surely he will be in trouble for using Sherlock so much on all the cases?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

August 14, 2012 2:56 am  #2

Re: What will happen to Lestrade?

And letting him get away!

August 15, 2012 5:48 pm  #3

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

Saw this topic being discussed somewhere else so thought I'd let it do the rounds for a while here.

What do you think will happen to good ol'Greg in Series 3? I mean, surely he will be in trouble for using Sherlock so much on all the cases?

That´s a interesting idea indeed - not only having John´s life being damaged by Sherlock`s "suicide" but also Greg`s ( and his career at Scotland Yard).
Maybe he (Greg) nourished a deep  sense of guilt because of the death of Sherlock?

( Maybe John will not be the only one who will wish to punch Sherlock in his face after  his "resurrecting" !  )

Last edited by saysomething (August 15, 2012 5:49 pm)

August 18, 2012 12:41 am  #4

Lestrade is likely to be on the outs with both the police and the Sherlock crowd. Guessing he is not going to have a good year. Another guess would be that he resigns from force in disgust after Sherlock's railroading. and "suicide".

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Disguise is always a self portrait

August 18, 2012 1:29 am  #5

No I don't want Lestrade to go--  I want Donovan and Anderson to disappear.  And that chief superintendant needs to go too.  Maybe Lestrade could become a private detective, and....Sherlock could help him.   Or Lestrade could work for Mycroft, which would irk Sherlock, for sure.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

August 18, 2012 2:20 am  #6

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

Hmm, in 'reality' I doubt too much would happen to him. Probably be on some kind of warning & be reprimanded for not following procedure etc. But in essence, if the Police and Government 'believe' all the Rich Brook stuff they would indeed look foolish.

- loads of cases that they spent a lot of time & effort on BEFORE they asked Sherlock to investigate. Would show them up as being easily fooled.
- widespread security breaches both before & after consulting Sherlock
- widespread acts of 'turning the other way' or NOT reporting inappropriate procedures by a wide range of personnel
- giving access to Buckingham Palace to someone without having his background fully checked?
- one of their highest people not only related to, but a close confidante to the 'guilty party'.

The fallout from this would be phenomenal. So to actually come down hard on Lestrade would open up a huge can of worms for them. I would think things would be 'hushed up' asap as to where the blame should lie & who should lose jobs etc.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

August 18, 2012 9:07 pm  #7

Things getting "hushed up" sounds about right actually, especially seeing as Lestrade said "I'm not the only senior officer to have done this" (apparently Gregson did it too - nice little canon nod there).

The police are good at hushing up!

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

August 18, 2012 9:17 pm  #8

We need Anderson and Donovan -- or someone like them -- to help keep the conflict going, don't we?

September 3, 2012 12:28 pm  #9

Lestrade-- quietly placed on a leave of absence whilst every case he ever worked is reviewed for signs of Holmsian evildoing. 
I think of Anderson and Sally as a sort of reality check; let's face it, some people would be threatened by and dismissive of (Anderson) him, and others creeped out by him (Sally).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
What do 'real' people have, then, in their 'real' lives?

So we go round the sun; if we went round the moon, or round and round the garden like a teddy bear, it wouldn't make any difference.

The consolation of imaginary things is not imaginary consolation. -- Roger Scruton

September 3, 2012 12:45 pm  #10

I really don't see Moftiss bothering too much about this storyline however. A mention in passing & that may be it, otherwise they won't have any material for a spin off show " Lestrade's Strides"

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

September 3, 2012 1:13 pm  #11

'Lestrade's Strides'!  I deduce BBC1 are about to ask you for a meeting.

What do 'real' people have, then, in their 'real' lives?

So we go round the sun; if we went round the moon, or round and round the garden like a teddy bear, it wouldn't make any difference.

The consolation of imaginary things is not imaginary consolation. -- Roger Scruton

September 3, 2012 2:57 pm  #12

Strides as in trousers? I haven't heard that word for years!

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

June 28, 2013 2:31 pm  #13

Greg really did look the other way on several occasions, he knew perfectly well john had spot the cabbie, and the whole bit about dropping the cia agent out the window...
I can certainly see at least an official reprimand in his file at the very least.

Plus, I *think I saw on the bottom of a tv screen something about looking into the cases Sherlock had been involved in. a he never wore a coverup, how many crime scenes did he contaminate?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Beware of dragons for you are crunchy and go well with ketchup

Dr. Horribles sing along blog
You people all have to learn
This world is going to burn
Burn
(yeah, it’s two r’s. H, O, R, R, yeah right.)
Burn

July 3, 2013 9:36 pm  #14

I'd be happy if in the 3 years while Sherlock is "dead", Molly and Greg get together. 
(not an original thought - stole it from a fan fic by Ariane DeVere).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Beware of dragons for you are crunchy and go well with ketchup

Dr. Horribles sing along blog
You people all have to learn
This world is going to burn
Burn
(yeah, it’s two r’s. H, O, R, R, yeah right.)
Burn

July 3, 2013 10:41 pm  #15

I hope he doesn't get into too much trouble, I like him!

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

August 8, 2013 1:05 am  #16

Lestrade is too awesome and sexy to go, it would be a waste.  Wonder what the reaction would be when he finds out Sherlock was protecting him.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth."
Whoa.  Sherlock was quoting Spock who was quoting Sherlock....Mind blown!!

November 19, 2013 8:48 pm  #17

I think Lestrade is safe..his get out of free card is that they figure out how moriarty set up Sherlock pretty quickly due to deeper investigation into the kidnapping case. 

I conjecture that Sherlock's reputation is cleared looooong before Sherlock takes out the web and comes out of hiding.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sherlock Holmes, "Perfectly sound analysis but I was hoping you'd go deeper."

November 19, 2013 8:52 pm  #18

josabby wrote:

Lestrade is too awesome and sexy to go, it would be a waste.  Wonder what the reaction would be when he finds out Sherlock was protecting him.

I do seriously want Lestrade to know he was one of Sherlock's "3."

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

Board footera