BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 19, 2015 12:06 pm  #21

Re: Which Sherlock Holmes are you?

silverblaze wrote:

LOL, I got Benedict and I wasn't even trying. 

You and Benedict are soulmates.  Lucky you.
I got Basil Rathbone.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

October 19, 2015 12:21 pm  #22

Got Benedict! Yipppiiiiie!

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

October 19, 2015 12:55 pm  #23

You cheated! All of you who got Benedict.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Tony Hadley)

October 19, 2015 2:46 pm  #24

I see we've got ourselves a sceptic!

@Whisky It's called Clue in the quiz because the quiz is from the BBC America site.  In North America, we call the game Clue.

Clueing for looks.

October 19, 2015 3:48 pm  #25

Yep, I got Ian the same way!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

October 19, 2015 5:13 pm  #26

I got Ben, too, without aiming for it. 
(and, no, gently dear, didn't cheat...)

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

October 20, 2015 7:34 am  #27

I'm only jealous, mrshouse.

(Tony Hadley)

October 20, 2015 3:47 pm  #28

Aren't we all?

Clueing for looks.

October 20, 2015 4:59 pm  #29

Yes we are!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 3, 2016 5:59 pm  #30

Yours is the voice of bitter experience. The painfully bright blaze that was once at the core of your very being has dimmed to a warming glow, even though your mental faculties are still essentially as sharp as ever. And you've had to learn to make some compromises along the way. This is all to the good, and you're now a far more loveable person than you've ever been before, and you can express empathy in a way that has previously eluded you.

You're also someone that knows why you're the kind of person you are. When you were younger it was enough that you were the smartest person in the room, seeing things other people were too lazy to spot and filtering the world in a way few of your friends could match. Now you have old scores to settle, old ghosts to lay to rest, and your ultimate goal is peace. This is no bad thing, and the best part of being a more empathic human being is that people will try and help you along the way, rather than hide from your previously withering sneer. `

Could it be that you're finally managing to develop personal wisdom, in the midst of all of that cleverness?

This is quite weird as I really lack empathy, which is quite an issue when you're a social worker, haha. (I've always hated my job though. I took a skills assessment last year and they said one of the most appropriate jobs for me would be embalmer... Well, that way I wouldn't need to show empathy I guess )

Just like old times...

January 3, 2016 6:15 pm  #31

Love it!

Board footera