BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 13, 2015 5:24 am  #21

Re: It's a very Sherlock Christmas

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

December 13, 2015 5:48 am  #22

I just found this fic and haven't read it, but since I just watched Nativity! for the first time today and loved it, I think I'll be reading it soon

The Baker Street Nativity[/url] (99662 words) by [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/SwissMiss]SwissMiss
Chapters: 23/23
Fandom: Sherlock (TV), [url=http://archiveofourown.org/tags/Nativity!%20(2009)]Nativity! (2009)[/url]
Rating: Explicit
Warnings: No Archive Warnings Apply
Relationships: Sherlock Holmes/John Watson
Characters: Sherlock Holmes, John Watson, James Moriarty, Greg Lestrade, Mycroft Holmes
Additional Tags: Crossover, Alternate Universe - Movie Fusion, Nativity! - Freeform, Christmas, Teacher!Sherlock, UST, which is eventually resolved, Angst, Some funny bits too, John Has Trust Issues, Sherlock Is Emotionally Constipated, Moriarty is creepy but mostly harmless, Mycroft is mysterious, Gladstone is longsuffering, Kids, But not kid!fic, Music, Songfic, Not too much though don't worry, Oh and there's a bit of smut too, Anal Sex, safe sex, Anal Fingering, Hand Jobs, Blow Jobs, Kissing, Swearing, Mild off-screen violence, Everyone thinks too much, Slow Build, Pining
Series: Part 1 of The Baker Street Nativity Verse
Summary:

Fusion between Sherlock (BBC) and Nativity! (2009 movie starring Martin Freeman). Sherlock is a primary school teacher and John is assigned to be his classroom assistant. Together, they are charged with putting on the school's Nativity play. What could possibly go wrong?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

December 14, 2015 1:42 pm  #23

This has always been my favourite Christmas icon:

Made by sherlockiangirl on Livejournal.

December 14, 2015 5:01 pm  #24

A man to my own heart.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

December 15, 2015 9:38 am  #25

December 15, 2015 12:19 pm  #26

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

December 15, 2015 12:57 pm  #27

Hopefully, Mission Accomplished!

December 15, 2015 1:10 pm  #28

Aw...
Brilliant find, nakahara.
Love the nicknames...

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

December 15, 2015 5:10 pm  #29

I have to admit, the nicknames are very clever.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

December 16, 2015 9:57 am  #30

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

December 16, 2015 5:37 pm  #31

Silly but cute.

December 17, 2015 12:14 am  #32

Oh my God, the fluff! the cuteness !
The Christmas tree decorations!
And the Operation Mistletoe...brilliant, loved the nicknames! I certainly hope they've met with success on that...teehee

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

December 17, 2015 3:26 am  #33

Another Sherlock Christmas fic recommendation (once you've read all the secret Santa fics!)

Happy Christmas, You Arse[/url] (4766 words) by [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/1electricpirate]1electricpirate
Chapters: 1/1
Fandom: Sherlock (TV), [url=http://archiveofourown.org/tags/Sherlock%20Holmes%20*a*%20Related%20Fandoms]Sherlock Holmes & Related Fandoms[/url]
Rating: Teen And Up Audiences
Warnings: No Archive Warnings Apply
Relationships: Sherlock Holmes/John Watson, Molly Hooper/Greg Lestrade
Characters: Sherlock Holmes, John Watson, Molly Hooper, Greg Lestrade
Additional Tags: Christmas, Schmoop, Fluff, unapologetic fluff, terrible attempts at christmas-flavoured humour, established but mostly ambiguous backstory, Post-Reichenbach, Canon Divergence
Summary:
“Ah yes. Christmas isn’t Christmas until you’ve called someone a — how does it go? Scumbag, you maggot, you cheap lousy faggot?”
“My thoughts precisely, John,” Sherlock says.
In which evidence is presented that disqualifies Sherlock from being the Grinch, and everyone's shoes fit them perfectly well, thank you.

I strongly recommend that you listen to the podfic of this one at https://amplificathon.dreamwidth.org/2904276.html (read by consulting_smartass, running time 35mins), or at least to read the fic while listening to Fairytale of New York by The Pogues ft. Kirsty MacColl

December 17, 2015 3:46 am  #34

This one I haven't read yet, but I like the sound of the summary

Mankind Should Be Our Business[/url] (8119 words) by [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/thatworldinverted]thatworldinverted
Chapters: 5/5
Fandom: Sherlock (TV)
Rating: Mature
Warnings: Creator Chose Not To Use Archive Warnings
Relationships: Sherlock Holmes/John Watson
Characters: Sherlock Holmes, John Watson
Additional Tags: Inspired by A Christmas Carol
Summary:
Christmas Eve is a time for surprises, but they don't usually include non-corporeal preteens on the sofa. The ghosts of Christmas pay a visit to 221B.

Podfic: http://archiveofourown.org/works/1103933

Last edited by ukaunz (December 17, 2015 3:49 am)

December 17, 2015 2:14 pm  #35

December 17, 2015 8:12 pm  #36

good one

December 17, 2015 10:01 pm  #37

December 18, 2015 8:45 am  #38

December 18, 2015 1:52 pm  #39

Poor Stamford.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

December 18, 2015 3:01 pm  #40

Nooo! 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

Board footera