BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 3, 2015 2:30 pm  #1

2015 -London

As some of you may know, I went up to London this summer, and was asked to post the few pictures I took. Finding time to do so was really, really hard...
So now I'm making the most of the sick leave my GP ordered to post them.
All in good time...

Let's start at the beginning for this BBC Sherlock location trip (small size. I'll do a bigger one when I'm not on my own, and easily distracted by...well, basically anything that I happen to see/hear/think of).

Obviously I'd gone to Speedy's and Baker Street last April and haven't taken pictures again. Problem is, I can't find them anymore -.-
So, I started my journey by paying a visit to our dear friend Jim

before deciding to pay my respects to Sherlock -God how I suffered there! I'm still so emotional  on *that* particular topic...I should get a grip, John has recovered, and the matter actually concerned him!
What do you mean, they are fictional characters?

After such an emotional blow, I went to get some tea for the remainder of the afternoon.
I had gone to that tea room last year (have to admit, the sign in front of it kinda drew me in)

it was so good I couldn't not go back. And it was in the area. So...

The next day I went to find Graham, because Jim couldn't be seen anywhere. I figured he might be able to answer.

No luck there. I was terrified Myke would come and kidnap me, so I went through St. James's Park (yup, on that bridge because why not)

and walked for a while in various streets. Thought of buying myself a coat -no idea why- when I walked past this

"I got mugged, please could you help me?"

and went out to dinner (I wish...Not fun on one's own. No. Not that kind of dinner.).

Going back to my rooms, I passed in front of this

but the screens were wrong.

One final thing. I was staying near this street

Last edited by Lilythiell (December 3, 2015 2:31 pm)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

December 3, 2015 2:55 pm  #2

Re: 2015 -London

Beautiful pictures Lily!! It seems like you had a great time in London, gosh how I miss it! I need to get back and see a lot of the things I missed! 

(I also hope you get better soon, get some rest and as you said yourself, make the most of your sick leave!)

Thank you for sharing! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

December 3, 2015 2:57 pm  #3

What a fantastic trip! That St. Bart´s photos are striking even when you are looking at them from PC - it must be so powerful live! And the rest are so dreamy.... (Milverton cracked me up!)

Thank you so much for sharing! 

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

December 3, 2015 3:23 pm  #4

Oh, Lily, wonderful pictures! Wish I had seen a percentage of what you managed, but my trip was too short...
Thank you very much for sharing. Could you give me a quick reminder as to the meaning of this bridge?
*hides*

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

December 3, 2015 3:30 pm  #5

mrshouse wrote:

Oh, Lily, wonderful pictures! Wish I had seen a percentage of what you managed, but my trip was too short...
Thank you very much for sharing. Could you give me a quick reminder as to the meaning of this bridge?
*hides*

TSOT? Sherlock and John were crossing it while going to visit Bainbridge?

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

December 3, 2015 4:05 pm  #6

Thanks for sharing the photos, Lily.  I liked your little narrative.

Clueing for looks.

December 3, 2015 4:12 pm  #7

Wonderful pictures, thanks for sharing! We were in London last year, but I only visisted Baker Street, Sherlock-related. Looks like an awesome fantrip!

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

December 3, 2015 5:00 pm  #8

Yes indeed, thank you.
Words cannot express how much I love that city...
I currently visit twice a year and hope this continues.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

December 3, 2015 8:29 pm  #9

I'll cross Millenium Bridge on New Year's Eve (SiB, Irene). I did it this summer as well, but...I don't know it didn't feel like the right time to take pictures (people!!)

And, as you may have guessed : there'll be, very possibly, more to come as I'll go back quite soon (God I can't wait!).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

December 3, 2015 8:34 pm  #10

I always enjoy a  walk across the bridge....though any of the bridges really.
The riverside is fantastic.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

Board footera