BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 26, 2015 5:13 am  #1

Earworms - what song is stuck in your head?

Just a silly thread

Right now I've got the theme song for The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy stuck in my head, and I have no idea why. I haven't watched the movie or listened to the radio play/audiobook for several months.

Do you have a song stuck in your head at the moment? What is it?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

October 26, 2015 5:17 am  #2

Re: Earworms - what song is stuck in your head?

A German song called "In einen Harung jung und schlank". It's my son's favourite song and he makes me sing it a thousand times a day. My head keeps singing it even when my son is not around.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jl5WMPGb61s

It's about a plaice who falls in love with a herring. At first he rejects her because she is old but then she gets rich so he marries her anyway.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

October 26, 2015 6:40 am  #3

See I'd got rid of my latest one, but seeing this thread just brought it right back!
I was watching  a TV show last night and they played a Welsh song I was taught in my Welsh class...I immediately started singing along:
Sosban fach....

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

October 26, 2015 8:39 am  #4

ukaunz wrote:

Right now I've got the theme song for The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy stuck in my head, and I have no idea why. I haven't watched the movie or listened to the radio play/audiobook for several months.

Hahaha, 'So long and thank you for the fish'. Now it's in my head. Thanks ukaunz

October 26, 2015 8:58 am  #5

Haha, my plan succeeded, I got rid of my earworm and passed it on to someone else 

I should put a warning in the thread title

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

October 26, 2015 9:53 am  #6

Hahaha, I think I'm going to listen to some music now. 

Music that isn't about fish. 

October 26, 2015 9:01 pm  #7

Right now (since this morning, tbh), I've listened to this song on a loop. I don't understand the lyrics (yet, I'll have fun translating them^^) but the video sure helps...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BobNpsLaNl0

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

October 26, 2015 9:20 pm  #8

"When a Man Loves a Shark" has been haunting my brain for the last two days.

It's a funny song from "RiffTrax", born from the original MST3K.

October 31, 2015 3:05 pm  #9

Since I'll be missing our screening of it this week, I watched Life of Brian for my film class yesterday.  Since I watched it, I've had "Look on the Bright Side of Life" stuck in my head.  At least it's a fun song that keeps me in a good mood.

Last edited by Yitzock (October 31, 2015 3:06 pm)

Clueing for looks.

October 31, 2015 3:19 pm  #10

Yes I wish I had that one!
At the moment for me it's the one on the ASDA TV advert.
If any Brits know the same of the song, I don't, but it's burrowing into my psyche!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

November 1, 2015 8:03 am  #11

besleybean wrote:

Yes I wish I had that one!
At the moment for me it's the one on the ASDA TV advert.
If any Brits know the same of the song, I don't, but it's burrowing into my psyche!

Oh My Love by The Score
(I got curious and found it on the Asda website!)

November 1, 2015 8:34 am  #12

Cheers, except now I'm mentally singing it again!

November 1, 2015 9:14 am  #13

Aww, sorry!

I've got horrible arcade game music stuck in my head from my kids playing on the iPad for the past half hour... so it can't be worse than that

November 3, 2015 3:51 pm  #14

I've got Hanson's MmmBop on constant earworm because of this video from a recent BBC competition to find the best a capella choir.  Brilliantly funny arrangement and hilarious video by a talented group who went on (justifiably) to win the competition.

And if you like that, click on the side links to their version of Wuthering Heights and their Final Performance.  A week later, I would still swear that there were real drums playing towards the end of the final song.

November 3, 2015 5:19 pm  #15

Oh well that''s got me singing along then!

November 3, 2015 9:50 pm  #16

Ariane, those were great videos, they put a smile on my face for the morning

As for earworms I had Donde Estas Yolanda stuck in my head for a while last night, and didn't mind at all

November 4, 2015 6:54 pm  #17

ukaunz wrote:

As for earworms I had Donde Estas Yolanda stuck in my head for a while last night, and didn't mind at all

Gee thanks, now it's playing in *my* head 

That song sometimes plays in the back of my mind - your post has brought it to the forefront.  Now I think I might have to buy it lol

November 4, 2015 9:20 pm  #18

At the moment "Hello" from Adele

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

November 4, 2015 9:50 pm  #19

Come to this thread with one song stuck in your head, go away with a different one 

December 10, 2015 10:09 am  #20

Elton John's "Song for Guy" is well and truly stuck in my head right now!!

Board footera