BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 7, 2015 8:32 am  #1

London Comic Con

https://twitter.com/MCMComicCon/status/651042158711959552

Will any of you be attending? It sounds interesting.

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

October 7, 2015 9:40 am  #2

Re: London Comic Con

Unfortunately I cannot go to London again so soon. 

But I am looking forward to hearing about this. I just wonder why there are no other actors and actresses involved. Benedict will be on stage twice that day but there are others. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

October 7, 2015 10:05 am  #3

Martin very rarely gets involved in these things.

I go to MCM twice a year and there's literally never been any panels I'm interested in. The one time there is....I can't actually go! I'm at MCM Friday and Sunday, but on the Saturday I have an audition for a Trans Shakespeare theatre company. My friend is going though and she's going to send me pictures and updates. Hopefully they'll say something new and not just the same things they say every time, lol.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

October 7, 2015 12:10 pm  #4

Break a leg on your audition Boss!

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

October 7, 2015 10:14 pm  #5

Break a leg for your audition, Boss!
fingers crossed it goes well

In answer to the original question, I won't be able to attend...but it does look really interesting!
Now, maybe if I didn't have any classes on that particular day...It's not reasonable, is it...?

Last edited by Lilythiell (October 7, 2015 10:16 pm)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

October 8, 2015 1:18 am  #6

I'm going on the saturday of the panel...

October 25, 2015 8:38 am  #7

The Sherlock panel at the Comic Con

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

October 25, 2015 12:31 pm  #8

Oh, thank you, dear!
Also...kind of rude, that last question to Steven, wouldn't you think?

"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

October 25, 2015 12:33 pm  #9

Some people just don't know how to behave.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

October 25, 2015 1:02 pm  #10

Yeah, I mean, the same sort of question had just been adressed, and they made it rather clear they didn't like it.

October 25, 2015 1:22 pm  #11

Thanks for sharing, that was lovely. Their panels always are.

And, yeah, I found that rude too. Especially considering what they had just talked about moments before..

Moftiss do seem to love trolling us fans, though, don't they?

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

October 25, 2015 3:47 pm  #12

I've got the feeling that some people are under the impression that public people are public property. 

But other than that, lovely to see them again and to finally have a title and a date! 

October 25, 2015 7:08 pm  #13

2024 !

October 25, 2015 7:15 pm  #14

That's not too long a wait, we're used to it now. 

October 25, 2015 8:23 pm  #15

Indeed we are !

October 25, 2015 10:11 pm  #16

This really cracked me up:

Steven: 'I can exclusively reveal that the long wait for Sherlock will begin again in the late evening of January the first.'
Crowd: 'Yeeeeah!!' (finally a date!)

(a little time later)

Mark: 'The Special is called The Abominable Bride.'
Crowd: (...) (adomi, abomi, abdominal... what?)

October 27, 2015 6:06 pm  #17

Interesting

Obviously not impressed with Bens acting.

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

October 27, 2015 6:27 pm  #18

I think she could still be impressed, as she is with Mark, but they just don't happen to be her favourites...she's allowed!
Mark's reaction was priceless.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

October 27, 2015 8:29 pm  #19

I agree, people are allowed to have other favorites than Ben (even though I don't get that myself...  ).

I loved her praise about Martin, made me all warm and fluffy inside. 

(And, yes, loved Mark's reaction to that comment!)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

October 28, 2015 8:28 am  #20

besleybean wrote:

I think she could still be impressed, as she is with Mark, but they just don't happen to be her favourites...she's allowed!

Vhanja wrote:

I agree, people are allowed to have other favorites than Ben (even though I don't get that myself...  ).

Well, seems like I should have posted a  at the end of my post!

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

Board footera