BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 10, 2015 7:32 am  #121

Re: Secret Santa Fic Exchange 2015

Gosh, guys, you scare me away, you're all so busy already... 
I will probably not be starting before November, I won't have the time nor the peace of mind. But already wildly plotting!

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

October 10, 2015 12:33 pm  #122

Lilythiell wrote:

Lol you mean 100 words away ;)
I've passed that minimum -barely, but still. And as luck would have it, I had to leave for drama class :/

Lol, you're right, I misread. The story doesn't need to be super long anyway.

And no worries mrshouse, there's still plenty of time. 

Now I'm really curious what everyone is up to. It'll be wonderful in December. 

I've got a plot and started writing but the premise of my story is so absurd that it may come off the rails completely. 

October 11, 2015 9:03 am  #123

Gah, why have I got so many ideas when I'm falling asleep and not when I'm actually writing ("waiting for the words to come out" is more accurate!)?
Still, I know where I'm going, that's reassuring. Plenty of time to get the words flowing. If I don't fall asleep on it >.<

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

October 11, 2015 10:15 am  #124

I finally started writing my story. When I sat down to write the first words, the Muse "kicked" me and I managed to find the last part of my plot. Also, the writing is more fun than I expected. 

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

October 11, 2015 5:24 pm  #125

I'm stuck now, getting nervous, because I cannot find a flow and the plot doesn't work right now and I wouldn't mind so much to write under pressure in the last days because that's how I work best, but then there's no time for beta reading. Yes, I'm panicking

"It is what it is."

October 11, 2015 5:27 pm  #126

Stop panicking, don't panic!

"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

October 11, 2015 5:30 pm  #127

yeah well... I try... thanks!

"It is what it is."

October 12, 2015 6:35 am  #128

I feel for you, Whisky. Because... I have exactly the same problem. I'm stucked at the moment, I'm not satisfied with my plot (seems incomplete) and I'm scared that I may have not enough time.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

October 12, 2015 6:57 am  #129

Oh, I felt exactly the same last year. Don't give up, ladies. Sometimes inspiration is only a little late. :-)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

October 12, 2015 8:03 am  #130

Yeah and october is a little early to panic.

October 12, 2015 8:10 am  #131

But... only one and half month left..

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

October 12, 2015 2:19 pm  #132

Don't fret, ladies, everything is going to be fiiiine
Once inspiration has stricken, it's already a good portion of the work done
What's more, as I've already told ukaunz as her beta, *you* may never be satisfied with your plot, but your readers may very well be

October 12, 2015 8:40 pm  #133

Please welcome two more participants, PenelopeW and SilverMoonDragonB. I am even waiting for another one to join us. That would make us twenty, and that would mean one fic nearly every day in Advent.

Isn't that great?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

October 12, 2015 8:46 pm  #134

Perfect! 

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

October 13, 2015 12:21 am  #135

I'm happy to participate if there is still space!

A full shuttle and a long warp...

October 13, 2015 1:16 am  #136

Twenty participants? That's awesome! It will be a fun Advent, indeed. 
I have my idea set out, so all I have left to do is write it.  Some more details might come to me as I write, but I've got an idea.  
Don't lose heart, Whisky.  Sometimes it just takes a while to get an idea, but then it comes to you in a blinding flash and you've got it.

Clueing for looks.

October 13, 2015 1:23 am  #137

The more the merrier!

October 13, 2015 12:14 pm  #138

Hello lovely people
It's been so long and I forgot it was this time of year already! Is it too late to join? I had such fun doing this the last couple of years and would love to participate again. I do understand stand if it is too late to join now though- happy to be a reader and commentator even if I can't participate!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You can always tell a good Chinese place by examining the bottom third of the door handle"

October 13, 2015 2:09 pm  #139

Perfect moment for that post, Housekeeper. If you also want to join the bunch of new participants I can send you the questionaire.

October 15, 2015 5:27 am  #140

I am stuck a bit with writing at the moment. Or maybe not stuck, for the plot is almost complete. I know exactly what I want to write down but I haven't found the right way to write Sherlock's and John's POV with the right words. The narrator's voice just feels wrong.

It is hard to explain in English, sorry. With Not Broken, the narration flows rather on its own. With the Santa fic, I haven't found that flow yet because it is a different Sherlock I am writing about, for example. He thinks different, has different experiences, and I am not yet comfortable with how I show him.

Does that make sense?

Last edited by Schmiezi (October 15, 2015 5:28 am)

Board footera