BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 12, 2015 12:07 pm  #38641

Re: Favourite Sherlock/Benedict pictures

Oh God Yes! Nothing more to add. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

October 12, 2015 6:34 pm  #38642

Black Mass gala:

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

October 12, 2015 6:35 pm  #38643

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

October 12, 2015 6:43 pm  #38644

That sexy fencing match in gifs again:

October 12, 2015 6:46 pm  #38645

I´ve probably said it before, but I really like Sophie´s style! She always has the most classical and yet somehow new and interesting dresses.

And Benedict´s look is intriguing, too, a bit of a mixture of red-carpet-batch and casual batch with stubble and slightly unruly hair..

October 12, 2015 7:33 pm  #38646

Zatoichi wrote:

And Benedict´s look is intriguing, too, a bit of a mixture of red-carpet-batch and casual batch with stubble and slightly unruly hair..

A true embodiment of iki ()- "stylish refinement", consisting simultaneously of:
hari - straightforward, cooly gallant manner
bitai - flirtatious allure untainted by vulgar feeling and
akanuke - urbane, unpretentious air and unassuming character.

Very aesthetic "object"! 

October 12, 2015 7:41 pm  #38647

Yay for Japanese concepts again.. 

October 12, 2015 8:59 pm  #38648

From the red carpet of "Black Mass" Premiere - Ben hugging his father. I think I just died of sweetness overload.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

October 12, 2015 11:16 pm  #38649

Ben looked especially lovely at the Black Mass premiere! Wow!

And for the fencing... oh my! Now that is a sexy sport! I love a man who can wild a dancing sword!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

October 13, 2015 10:49 am  #38650

Vhanja wrote:

From the red carpet of "Black Mass" Premiere - Ben hugging his father. I think I just died of sweetness overload.

These two are possibly the sweetest men alive.

October 13, 2015 11:44 am  #38651

That's such a sweet "Oh Daddy!" experience.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

October 13, 2015 1:33 pm  #38652

This Is The Phantom Lady wrote:

Ben looked especially lovely at the Black Mass premiere! Wow!

And for the fencing... oh my! Now that is a sexy sport! I love a man who can wild a dancing sword!

I will tell you right now, Phantom, (as a former fencer) that it is not nearly as sexy when you've got all the proper equipment on and a mask and you are very very sweaty.  Great exercise, yes, but it's a bit different from what you might expect.  I will also point out that in a match that you might find in the Olympics and such, that it's not good to have your left arm (or your right arm if you're left-handed) in front of your chest like that.  Only in a play or a "real" swordfight would that not be considered bad form, I would think.

On another note, yes, he did look great at the premiere.  And the bit where he hugged is dad was very sweet.

Last edited by Yitzock (October 13, 2015 1:36 pm)

Clueing for looks.

October 13, 2015 7:38 pm  #38653

I thought he might have been holding his arm in front because it was injured (in the play). I'm waiting until I see it at the cinema to have this confirmed 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

October 13, 2015 7:50 pm  #38654

Historical fencing is nothing like today´s modern sport. It was used in a real fight so you needed to hold your hand in front of you like that to deflect the enemy´s blade if it slipped past your control:

What they performed in Hamlet was the historical rapier fencing, I believe and the postures were correct for that. 

Last edited by nakahara (October 13, 2015 7:54 pm)

October 13, 2015 7:57 pm  #38655

Cool 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

October 13, 2015 9:17 pm  #38656

Thank you Nakahara, very interesting! 

I have actually tried fencing for a while, it was part of PE class. the mask especially is horrible! If  I remember correctly we held our free hand behind our back. 
Fencing killed my back because of the odd position and my bad balance, but it was one of the few times I actually enjoyed going to PE. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

October 14, 2015 1:03 am  #38657

Yes, nakahara.  That's what I was trying to say, that other than those kinds of sword fights you generally avoid having your hand in front of you (though it still happens sometimes because of instinct).  Of course in the play it's a swordfight with life on the line, so you would defend yourself that way.

lol I loved fencing for the first few years, but then the last year or so I stopped finding it as fun as I used to.  It may have been the people that I was with, but also I hated having to referee matches during practice.  I just liked the sparring part, not the drills and the practice refereeing.  It was always too fast for me to see. Everyone else could do it, but I always felt hopeless.  I don't share your hatred of the mask, Phantom, but it could be sweaty under there.

Clueing for looks.

October 14, 2015 11:48 am  #38658

Casual Benedict:

October 14, 2015 12:14 pm  #38659

CasualBatch is YummyBatch!! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

October 14, 2015 12:36 pm  #38660

Have also some FormalBatch:

Board footera