BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 8, 2015 9:18 pm  #41

Re: What films in the pipeline are you keen to see?

How did I miss this post? Massively, enormously, totally over-excited about seeing this. We are hoping to go and watch it next week. Big, BIG, Tom Hardy fans in our house! 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

September 18, 2015 3:06 pm  #42

I'm going to see this Everest film in 3d tonight. Boring me. (but... mountains! In 3d!)

"It is what it is."

September 18, 2015 4:17 pm  #43

I hope you enjoy the film, Whisky! I know a bit about the true story, and it's kind of interesting but also sad.

Clueing for looks.

September 18, 2015 4:42 pm  #44

Yes I've read the two books about it. That's why I'm now curious about the film. I hope it's not just made as exciting action movie, because for that I find the story too sad. But with films that have dramatic potential one never knows.

"It is what it is."

September 18, 2015 5:27 pm  #45

Well, however they do it, it's going to be better than the horrible TV movie they made years ago.  That was awful, and I just saw one scene of it in my class when we were learning about the expedition.

Clueing for looks.

September 18, 2015 6:28 pm  #46

Really want to see Legend.  Saw a movie about the Krays years ago and it was a fascinating story.  Plus, Tom Hardy rocks. 

Hope to see Black Mass tomorrow!

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

September 18, 2015 11:01 pm  #47

It is really good! I think you will love it. The partner of someone I know well knew the Krays, back in the day...as they say. Needless to say, he has a very dodgy past! Going to write a review in the movies seen thread. Tom is marvellous! Sigh...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

October 11, 2015 9:00 am  #48

My pal is currently raving about the new Suffragettes movie and I am looking forward to seeing that.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

October 11, 2015 11:47 am  #49

Saw The Martian yesterday and it was amazing!  Matt Damon was brilliant and it was an exciting story.

I also got an amusing surprise.  Jonathan Aris had a small part!   This random NASA character is speaking and I say "oh my god it's Anderson"!  My husband is like, What?!   LOL

Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 

October 11, 2015 10:16 pm  #50

Timing!  Cool… I'm going to see that Thursday!!  Been hearing raves about it (heck, heard raves about the book, even a NASA scientist praising the research), but wasn't sure if would catch while in theaters- but hey, a cool-looking movie in a shared favorite genre sounded like a great outing for with a growing new guy friend who likes all the same geeky stuff I do. 
Plus, it has Sebastian Stan and Chiwetel Ejiofor, too.    Does he have much screen time?  Should I look for him early, or, like, after the guy is stranded?

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

October 12, 2015 3:23 am  #51

Ejiofor has a fair sized role though out the movie.  Stan's is much smaller.

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

October 12, 2015 4:44 pm  #52

Are You going to see James Bond with Andrew Scott?

Jim Moriarty. Helloooo ! ~~

October 12, 2015 11:14 pm  #53

Of course, Solenn! I take it you are as well?

Clueing for looks.

October 13, 2015 8:39 am  #54

Yeah

Jim Moriarty. Helloooo ! ~~

October 13, 2015 9:29 am  #55

tonnaree wrote:

Ejiofor has a fair sized role though out the movie.  Stan's is much smaller.

Cool, although I kinda figured.  And clarify I kinda meant 'he' in reply to your statement, about Aris. When does he show up?

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

December 3, 2015 10:35 pm  #56

The Revenant! Eek!

December 4, 2015 5:10 am  #57

I can't wait to see The Revenant.

Tomorrow we will probably be seeing Spectre or Secret in Their Eyes (haven't decided yet which one to go see). 

Other movies coming up that I would like to see are Legend, Carol and of course Sherlock: The Abominable Bride.

-Val

"The only shipping I know is shipping containers."
                                           -Benedict Cumberbatch

December 21, 2015 6:55 pm  #58

So I know this isn't 'our' version we're waiting for, but nonetheless, it looks awesome!  Voices by Scarlett Johansson, Idris Elba, Bill Murray, Lupita Nyong'o, Christopher Walken, Ben Kingsley...

Also also, omg, I had no idea they're doing a live-action 'The BFG'!   

January 19, 2016 9:25 am  #59

Hopefully going to see The Revenant this weekend as we have been waiting for my daughter to finish her latest batch of University assignments- she is still home from the Xmas break- as she is a massive admirer of both Leonardo di Caprio and Tom Hardy (as am I). Once we have watched I'll post a review. I also want to see the H8teful 8, although reviews have been somewhat blurghhh.... 

January 19, 2016 4:49 pm  #60

Yep, I want to see this, too.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

Board footera