BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 8, 2015 8:11 am  #21

Re: More Sherlock Special Clips

Thanks, nakahara - as I said in the "What's the Special about?" thread (in which my question really belonged... sorry, mods), I'd feel happier if there WAS any ACD in it, but I suppose we'll just have to wait and see.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t move, don’t speak, don’t breathe. I’m trying to think.

October 8, 2015 10:58 am  #22

La Jolie wrote:

Thanks, nakahara - as I said in the "What's the Special about?" thread (in which my question really belonged... sorry, mods), I'd feel happier if there WAS any ACD in it, but I suppose we'll just have to wait and see.

I guess that even if the storyline will be original, we could have references to two or three ACD stories in it (the way it was in the Great Game, for example).

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

October 11, 2015 2:17 pm  #23

According to this site, Gatiss posted on Twitter, 

“… the stars were shining coldly in a cloudless sky,”

“  … it was a bitter night, so we drew on our ulsters and wrapped cravats around our throats,”

...whihch points to The Adventure of the Blue Carbuncle...

http://www.idigitaltimes.com/sherlock-season-4-special-air-date-plus-what-does-full-trailer-reveal-video-481315

October 11, 2015 2:34 pm  #24

But as far as I remember in The Blue Carbuncle there was nothing along the lines of protecting someone, a bride, suicide and no mourning Mary Morstan on a bycicle. It's quite a harmless story I think.
I remember having seen this scene with John talking to the newspaper seller and asking how the "Blue Carbuncle" was selling/going or something like that. It could very well be the only reference.

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

Board footera