BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 3, 2015 1:26 pm  #1

Sherlock: The Mind Palace: The Official Colouring Book

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

October 3, 2015 1:42 pm  #2

Re: Sherlock: The Mind Palace: The Official Colouring Book

It looks beautiful.

Have you seen someone has also produced a Sherlock cross stitch book?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

October 3, 2015 2:02 pm  #3

Yes I saw that.  Tempted to buy it even though I can't do anything with a needle!

Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 

October 3, 2015 5:43 pm  #4

Seen the colouring book. For some unknown and strange reason, it was pre-ordered quite soon after I saw it.
Now I've to do is waiting.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

October 3, 2015 9:36 pm  #5

I think this must prove that colouring books are not only for kids if they've made one of Sherlock.  I had a teacher one year who said that colouring is good for improving your fine motor skills.

Clueing for looks.

October 3, 2015 10:50 pm  #6

Coloring books for grown ups have been around for ages but they are currently having a burst of popularity.  My mom use to really enjoy doing them.  There are tons of different kinds on Amazon.

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

October 3, 2015 11:06 pm  #7

It's supposed to be relaxing/good therapy too, but I think I would just get a cramp in my hand.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

October 3, 2015 11:07 pm  #8

I knew that adults coloured, but I wasn't really aware of adult colouring books that much.  I can see why they'd be popular, though.  You can be artistic even if you're not great at drawing.

Clueing for looks.

October 14, 2015 1:16 pm  #9

I absolutely love colouring in, but can see it would just be another massive waste of my time.
I did once try and order this on line, but made a hash of it.
I will try again when I order the Special dvd.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

November 6, 2015 12:16 pm  #10

It's arrived. Now, I'm going to be a bad student because on this weekend conference, I'm going to take it with and colour, colour, and colour some more.

One could be a bit disappointed with the "hidden" clues in the book. Easier than child's play.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

November 6, 2015 5:56 pm  #11

I ordered 2 in error...( I will let you know if the 2nd ends up for grabs!)
Mine arrived yesterday and I have duly coloured the first page already...second one tonight.
Hubby is away, so I'm binge watching Sherlock and colouring along!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 30, 2016 1:06 am  #12

I love colouring books to relax, but didn't order this, because of the binding... I really hate it if my pictures are divided by the binding, and it's so hard to colour that part close to the binding. I prefer calender-like colourbooks, where you can later also take the pictures out and put on the wall. As far as I can see, this is not the case with this book

I really liked the theories about Mary's wedding ring, though.

"It is what it is."

January 30, 2016 8:30 am  #13

I am so appalling at colouring in, I can't imagine ever wanting any of my pics on the wall!

January 30, 2016 5:25 pm  #14

Hubby gave me the Sherlock coloring book for Christmas.  However I am torn between actually coloring in it or keeping it pristine.  Perhaps I should buy a spare.  *giggle*

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

January 30, 2016 5:26 pm  #15

I bought two(by accident!), but gave the spare to my daughter.

March 11, 2016 7:24 pm  #16

Children typically color in their coloring books with crayons.  What do adults use for coloring?  Can't see paint working too well in a coloring book.

March 11, 2016 7:26 pm  #17

I use pencil crayons.

March 11, 2016 7:56 pm  #18

Some people use markers.  It just depends.  I use both colored pencils and crayons.  Good crayons. 

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

May 7, 2016 10:23 pm  #19

I purchased this last year. I'm not a huge fan on the adult colouring books but I had to buy this one, and the Harry Potter one. I'm using pencils to colour them in. I'm finding it quite stressful as I'm awful at colouring and I want it to be perfect 

Kirkiarty

May 8, 2016 7:53 am  #20

Sounds like you have the same dilemma as me!

Board footera