BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 26, 2015 3:56 pm  #1

How to Get Away With Murder?

I just started watching HTGAWM this week when it showed up on Netflix, and I am loving every bit of it. For anyone who likes being on the edge of his/her seat or extreme plot-twisters, this is the perfect drama! 

I've only gotten to episode four, but Viola Davis's acting has already left me super impressed. I definitely understand why she got the Emmy. 

Any other fans, and what are your thoughts on the show so far? 

September 26, 2015 4:24 pm  #2

Re: How to Get Away With Murder?

I love the show! Did you know that the premiere of season 2 was this Thursday? 

I won't give it away since you're still on season one, but I would agree that it's great if you like shows that keep you on the edge of your seat.  Nothing is straightforward, in a good way, and there's lots of surprises.  As you get towards the end of season 1, and the finale, you will be even more excited than you are now, I'm sure.  I know I was!
I also love the diversity of the characters.  Black, white, gay, straight, bi (season 2 spoiler, I guess, so I won't say whom), female, male.  
You think you can trust someone, then you don't think you can, then you trust them again.  Every character has their own secrets, and you get the sense that you've only just begun learning about them all.

And yes, Viola Davis definitely deserved her Emmy! Would also have been happy if Tatiana Maslany won, because she's also amazing, but Viola Davis deserved it a helluva lot, too, and I'm glad she won.

Last edited by Yitzock (September 27, 2015 9:24 pm)

Clueing for looks.

September 27, 2015 9:00 pm  #3

I'm so glad you mentioned the diversity of the show! That's one of my favorite parts about it. Honestly, if more American series had that sort of mixture of race, sex and orientation (and without sticking to overused stereotypes) I'd watch a lot more T.V. 

I can't wait to see how Series One ends. Only a few episodes in, and I've had so many "What? WHAAT??" moments, haha. I'd really  like to know what all of the characters' secrets are...

September 27, 2015 9:27 pm  #4

Yeah, that was one of the things that immediately impressed me (apart from the mere fact that Viola Davis, who I already liked, was the lead), and then I was surprised to see Alfred Enoch, and those two were principal characters.  It's great to see a show like this, where there's not just the "token black character." I hope you enjoy the rest of it and do let me know when you're farther along!

Clueing for looks.

Board footera