BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 17, 2015 2:21 pm  #1

Sherlock Youtube Channel

Apparently there's now an official youtube channel! 

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkp_CAX1eIc5k5SavzbhN5w

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

September 17, 2015 2:56 pm  #2

Re: Sherlock Youtube Channel

Because, more Sherlock. 

Just in time for them to release an actual trailer????

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

September 17, 2015 3:03 pm  #3

Now they will have to deliver! 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

September 17, 2015 3:06 pm  #4

haha amazing. They act like they're a normal TV series with many episodes released regularly. Cute.

September 17, 2015 3:33 pm  #5

I really wonder what they will put in there. Some morale-boosting Johnlock gifs made by BBC3 or what? 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

September 17, 2015 4:15 pm  #6

BBC3 should be in charge of the channel. 

Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 

September 17, 2015 4:26 pm  #7

well, it doesn't matter what they put up, everything will be read as a confirmation that Johnlock will be canon...

September 17, 2015 4:51 pm  #8

Well, this looks promising for trailers and things.  I wonder how often they'll upload videos.  I do enjoy behind the scenes, so if there's going to be anything like that (from the looks of the trailer there will be), then I definitely am on board.

Clueing for looks.

September 17, 2015 6:48 pm  #9

I just saw this on Sherlock FB - great news! 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

September 17, 2015 8:53 pm  #10

Subscribed! I love how half the comments are people asking for the deleted gay bar scene I'd like to see that too!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

September 18, 2015 12:41 am  #11

I have to agree that a YouTube channel would be a good place to post deleted scenes.  Even if we just got a b-roll type video of it I think that would be cool.

Clueing for looks.

September 18, 2015 9:26 am  #12

What a good news! Looking forward to checking the channel!

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

September 18, 2015 11:51 am  #13

Oh what I would give for more outtakes!!

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

September 18, 2015 3:35 pm  #14

Pressing questions concerning the fav fan moments vid:

10 Bored. How is this possible, why isn't this in the top three?

Where are the following moments:

1 Sherlock on the floor with Irene's whip caressing his face. Come on, that's the most erotic thing that ever happened on TV.
2 Do you think there's something wrong with us?
3 The Van Buren supernova.

I'm totally speechless now.

Still, wonderful that the channel exists. Thank you for mentioning this, This Is The Phantom Lady.

September 18, 2015 4:15 pm  #15

Yes, some of the moments I thought were good but there are others I liked more. Though I'm not sure how much of it was actual ranking and how much was just choosing people who mentioned moments, since they put Twitter handles of people who suggested their favourite moments.

One of my favourite bits that wasn't in the video was when Sherlock pretends he's lost his keys.

Clueing for looks.

September 18, 2015 6:02 pm  #16

Nice channel, but there could be a bit more on it? ;-)

"It is what it is."

September 18, 2015 6:50 pm  #17

I think they may have chosen random moments for the video. Because else I cannot understand why there is not a single moment from HLV. Or the sheet scene, one of the classics. And why show the beginning of the best man speech and not the more emotional part? But I hope they will give us more. And soon. 

September 18, 2015 8:10 pm  #18

September 25, 2015 2:12 pm  #19

New video today.  I enjoyed hearing Rubert Graves' comments on these.  Is it just me or is his accent different when he's playing Lestrade?

Clueing for looks.

September 25, 2015 2:23 pm  #20

Ah, what a lovely video! Rubert seems so much more... cosy and almost shy than Lestrade. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

Board footera