BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 21, 2014 7:30 am  #21

Re: Favourite Sherlock Soundtrack

I got a shiver this morning listening to "The East Wind".

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

March 21, 2014 8:39 am  #22

The game is on (listening to this tune just makes me happy!)
The opening (I dutifully listen and watch the opening in each episode!)
Sherlocked (because it is one of my favorite moment in the TV show)
Stag night
Taxi Chase
John is quite a Guy
How it was done (love to hear the guitar tune when Sherlock kissed Molly, it's just so OOC haha)

"Storming, enjoying, planning, loving, cautioning,
Backing and filling, appearing and disappearing,
I tread day and night such roads."
Walt Whitman

May 5, 2014 12:31 pm  #23

Is it possible to decide for a favourite from series 3? I see myself failing.
I absolutely adore "Addicted to a certain lifestyle" and the music to the mindpalace scene, but the one I listen the most to is the Appledore theme. Like "Deeper into Baskerville" it's incredibly powerful. I also like "Vanishing underground", although I didn't like the film sequence much. "How it was done" makes me laugh out loud every time :D
I find it very hard to pick a favourite, although I have my favourites for series 1 and 2. ("A man who can" and "Prepared to do anything")

... and after listening to the soundtrack over and over again,my favourite from series 3 is indeed "Vanishing Underground"

Last edited by Whisky (June 15, 2014 4:19 pm)

"It is what it is."

August 15, 2014 3:48 pm  #24

The Appledore theme - is it just me or does this remind anyone of you of Queen's "The Show Must Go On"? That was my first thought and I still think of it every time I listen to it. Love it!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

August 18, 2014 2:51 am  #25

Oooh. This is hard.

In order:

Redbeard (The second half is so good that it's my secondary ringtone (My actual ringtone is 'Stayin' Alive')
Blood on the Pavement (I AM A SADIST)
SHERlocked
Addicted to a Certain Lifestyle
One More Miracle (especially the last couple of seconds)
The Woman
Irene's Theme
Opening Titles
Mind Palace and Solution
The Lab (Creepy, woooooo)
Waltz for John and Mary
The Game is On
War
etc.

Like, honestly, a good seven-eighths of all three soundtracks.

September 10, 2014 2:48 pm  #26

I was thinking of getting one of the soundtracks to start with. Which one should I get? And don't just say "it depends on which season you liked best", because I can't answer that!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t move, don’t speak, don’t breathe. I’m trying to think.

September 10, 2014 2:56 pm  #27

Why don't start with the beginning? S1.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Tony Hadley)

October 28, 2014 10:31 pm  #28

SO , Usually on BlackBerry,which means a minute site  , and haven't seen this thread...however. ..wow!
Music is a huge part of BBC Sherlock....some great original themes used at Key moments....and  award winning meaningful important. ?stuff....etc   
So...Sinnerman ..Nina Simone..hardcore choice for Moriarty. ?
And the reunion music....lovers reunited....
And that heartbreaking theme.....3 times....
And Johns theme. ?..and Irenes....? And Mycrofts...? And the intertwine...
More attention needed don't you think ?.

October 29, 2014 5:49 am  #29

This is a (rather long and demanding) meta on the fact that Mycroft's and Moriarty's themes seem to be interwoven from time to time. It's a very complex meta, but surely worth looking at if you are interested in analysing the soundtrack.

M-theory: Mycroft, Moriarty, and Magnussen’s shared motifs, James Bond’s “M,” Mary and Janine, and the big gay long game[/url] (85989 words) by [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/Loudest_Subtext_in_Television]Loudest_Subtext_in_Television

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

October 29, 2014 8:46 am  #30

tobeornot221b wrote:

The Appledore theme - is it just me or does this remind anyone of you of Queen's "The Show Must Go On"? That was my first thought and I still think of it every time I listen to it. Love it!

Saw this only now. And yes, the analogy is stunning.

(Tony Hadley)

December 22, 2014 7:49 am  #31

I am listening to the soundtrack of S3 a lot now, and it's absolutely fantastic! I have several favorites:

How it was done (Just so cool!)
Floating Dust (So incredibly beautiful!)
Vanishing Underground (This one might be my all time favorite)
Lazarus (Gives me the chills)
Stag Night (Fun, fun, fun! Dubsted title theme makes me giggle)
Walz for John and Mary (get teary every time I hear it, feel so sad and moved for Sherlock)

And, of course, Titles. 

Last edited by Vhanja (December 22, 2014 7:49 am)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

June 13, 2015 8:06 pm  #32

There are a lot of themes I would call favorites, most of them from S3. But this one really stands out me. There is something mezmerizing and eerie about it. Love it!

Last edited by Vhanja (June 13, 2015 8:06 pm)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Team Hudders!

August 9, 2015 9:29 am  #33

This is diffiuclt because I like almost everything in the Sherlock soundtracks, but mostly I am listening to:

Serie 1:
Opening Title 
The Game is On
War
Pink
Light-fingered
On The Move
Back to Work
A Man Who Can
----
Series 2:
Irene's Theme
Potential Clients
The Woman
Sherlocked
Deeper Into Baskerville
The Lab
Mind Palace and Solution (This scares me a bit when I played on Sherlock Network for finding the clues...)
Deduction and Deception
Prepared To Do Anything
One More Miracle
----
Series 3: Honestly, I like all of them, can't choose the best soundtracks, but some music that I always fonds of:
How it Was Done 
#Sherlocklives (Beautifully music....I don't know why, but it reminds me a bit of like Disney....)
Vanishing Underground
Lestrade - The Movie
Forwards or Backwards
Redbeard (Again, sounds like Disney...but peaceful)
The East Wind

"I like detective stories - and detectives. Brainy is the new sexy." - Irene Adler
"Every fairy tale needs a good old-fashioned villain....You're on the side of the angels." - Jim Moriarty

August 9, 2015 7:21 pm  #34

I usually just listen to Pursuit/Welcome to London, the opening theme, and sometimes Prepared to do Anything.  Also, the unreleased music from The Empty Hearse, which has no title as far as I'm aware.

Clueing for looks.

October 28, 2016 10:12 pm  #35

No one's posted on this in awhile, but who cares
I honestly have an issue, I listen to the soundtracks WAY too much! But I can't help it, they really are wonderful works of music.
My favorites:
SHERlocked
Prepared to do Anything
Blood on the Pavement
Redbeard
Addicted to a Certain Lifestyle
The East Wind

So much emotion packed into all of these, the Sherlock soundtracks are honestly all I listen to the past couple months

The eyes are the mirror of the soul

#sherlollyforever

October 29, 2016 9:54 am  #36

I am so in love with the S3 soundtrack, so many great tunes. I used to listen to it daily for quite a while. 

Team Hudders!

December 12, 2016 7:49 pm  #37

TAB SOUNDTRACK:
I've searched like crazy, and, except for the theme song, there is no TAB soundtrack. I know, there isn't one, but I just want confirmation that I'm not looking in all the wrong places

Last edited by i'm-so-cHAngeAbLE (December 12, 2016 7:49 pm)

The eyes are the mirror of the soul

#sherlollyforever

December 12, 2016 7:57 pm  #38

Sherlockology have just released an exclusive link for pre ordering season four soundtrack with exclusive TAB bonus CD. Ordered mine - very excited for my bonus Christmas email!! I can't share the link on my phone (also don't know if I'm allowed) but its on the Facebook page (UK)

Don't be scared. Falling is just like flying, only there's a more permanent destination.

December 12, 2016 8:24 pm  #39

Hope it'll be available on Amazon soon!

December 12, 2016 8:29 pm  #40

Well it says on the order page it won't be available to buy separately, but surely it will eventually!

Don't be scared. Falling is just like flying, only there's a more permanent destination.

Board footera