BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 20, 2012 6:44 am  #1

Undershaw Preservation Society

Hey everyone, the Undershaw Preservation society have a facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/saveundershaw

They have a competition there (it's on the lefthandside, just scroll down to this)
The Undershaw Preservation Trust
15 hours ago
This has happened right before our eyes. From 7,076 to 7,115. Remarkable! PLEASE DO LEAVE NAMES OF THOSE THAT INTRODUCED YOU. A HUGE PRIZE WILL BE OFFERED TO THE PERSON WHO IS MENTIONED THE MOST ON THIS PAGE IN THE BUILD UP TO 10,000. If you're UK based then it would be an opportunity not to miss, if you're based abroad then it might sadly deter you a little. The prize is two free tickets to the opening night reception, dinner & entertainment of the Conan Doyle Weekend here in Surrey and one night's B&B in the Devils Punchbowl Hotel with Undershaw a stone's throw away. THIS WILL BE THE LAST TIME WE WILL ANNOUNCE THIS. SO PLEASE START INCLUDING THOSE NAMES. It would be a shame to miss out.

I've asked our site admin here (aka Sherlock Holmes) if she'd like to be in the running for that prize, as she's one of the closest to the area.
The idea is, we go to that facebook page and 'like' the site and then in the post about the dinner (the one I copied above) we add a comment saying that " (whatever Sherlock's facebook name is) " introduced you to that page.
If she gets a lot of votes, she may win a dinner for 2 on teh opening night of their celebrations.
Now Undershaw has a lot of supporters, she may well meet Gatiss or Moffatt there!!!
So as I cannot possibly go, I am leaving her name on there as a vote for her!

Now I sit & wait for her to tell me her facebook name, lol.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

March 20, 2012 2:11 pm  #2

Re: Undershaw Preservation Society

Thanks Kaz! It would be amazing to win something like that...and of course I'd take loads of pictures and post them on here. And if Moffat or Gatiss were there I would totally just die...although I like to think I could introduce myself in a sensible manner without them thinking I was about to drool all over them.

So anyway, if anyone else would like to recommend me that would be awesome...just PM me and I'll send you my Facebook details. Also, if anyone wants me to recommend them I'm more than happy to do that too...just PM me your details.

Thanks!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

March 21, 2012 5:31 am  #3

They REALLY need 10 000 likes guys, can everyone have a look at their facebook page PLEASE???

https://www.facebook.com/saveundershaw

Then look in yesterday's posts for the one about the dinner and tell them who sent you.
"Who sent you ' (private message Sherloc Holmes to get her facebook name) is posted on my profile page in Facebook also.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=751623892  - (this is me; I will leave it up for a few days if anyone needs it; I am boring though, lol)

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

March 21, 2012 3:59 pm  #4

Mark Gatiss might be there as he a trustee of the society.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

March 22, 2012 12:53 am  #5

I would totally freak out.

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

Board footera