BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 4, 2015 9:17 pm  #1

Called it!

Not quite sure if this should be here or under games…

I want to propose a game: Let’s play “Called it” and see who knows the Moftiss best.

The rules are like this: You state a plot point or describe a scene that you think will play out in the next series. Not something you wish for, not something you fear; something that you think will actually happen. Is has to be quite specific to count, otherwise it’s too easy. E.g.“Sherlock will solve a crime” is too easy, but “Sherlock will solve a crime based on "The Adventure of the Naval Treaty"” is o.k.

You are allowed to change your mind as often as you like, but only the last stated prediction(s) count(s). So please repeat your list of predictions when you change something, so your last post includes all your current predictions. Let’s say you can change your predictions until Setlock starts (because then people who don’t want to be spoiled would be at a major disadvantage). Once the episode aired on BBC, you are allowed to cite your prediction and add “Called it” to it. Whoever has the most correct predictions will be oracle of future plot points and his/her opinion will be heeded above everyone else’s in future discussion (it won’t).

****************************************************************************************************************************************
We balance probabilities and choose the most likely. It is the scientific use of the imagination.    

August 4, 2015 9:25 pm  #2

Re: Called it!

I’ll start
Moriarty is dead. The GIF was a ruse by Mycroft to save Sherlock

****************************************************************************************************************************************
We balance probabilities and choose the most likely. It is the scientific use of the imagination.    

August 5, 2015 12:56 am  #3

Mary and her child are killed in an accident that almost kills John as well.  John moves back into 221B Baker Street after he's released from the hospital.  (Mary's death and John's return to Sherlock's home are canon, and now that Sherlock has been hospitalized for a near-fatal injury, I think it's time for John to be hospitalized for the same reason as well.)

August 5, 2015 11:13 am  #4

- Lestrade and Molly have at least a date.   (one can hope)

- Mary will stay till the season finale but not play a major role

- Mycroft will do field work again

- Baby will not be born (at all, or not onscreen)

- at least one episode will play outside London

Last edited by Whisky (August 5, 2015 4:19 pm)

"It is what it is."

August 5, 2015 3:59 pm  #5

- Moriarty is dead (definately)
- no date between Lestrade and Molly (why should they have?)
- intensified contact between Sherlock and Molly (CALLED IT *ggg*)
- Mary's and John's baby will be born and live

-----------------------------------------------------------------
I'm your landlady - not a plot device!

There are 10 voices in my head. 9 of them tell me I'm crazy. One is humming.

August 5, 2015 4:23 pm  #6

kornmuhme wrote:

Why shouldnt they? 
He seems fond of her, his marriage is not going well, Molly cant have Sherlock as it seems but is dating a Lot... I could see it 

"It is what it is."

August 5, 2015 5:13 pm  #7

kornmuhme wrote:

I'm calling "too easy" on Lestrade and Molly (who will they date instead, e.g. Lestrade gets back with his wife, Molly dates another sociopath), intensified contact b/w Sherlock and Molly (define: how it will intensify, a case, a kiss?), and the baby (will we see mini-Watson on screen ?)

August 5, 2015 5:24 pm  #8

Lola Red wrote:

I’ll start

I'm adding.

The baby will only be shown in one episode
The baby's initials will be W.S.S. or H.S.S.

August 5, 2015 8:56 pm  #9

kornmuhme wrote:

Quoting myself :-).
Well, Molly herself said sociopaths "are maybe just my type". She broke up with Tom and is free again. What kind of interest could the show and its makers have to bring Molly and Lestrade together? Ok, why not, you might say. But I can't see any sense in it, it wouldn't have any effect on anything (if we assume that Sherlock isn't interested in Molly AT ALL).
Edit: Yes, we will see Mary and the baby in the show, at least in episode 1.
But what I would like to add: As much as I hope for a tiny romance between Sherloch and Molly (yeah, maybe a kiss), I'm pretty sure Sherlock's asexuality will be kept up. It's just him and follows canon.

Last edited by kornmuhme (August 5, 2015 8:58 pm)

August 6, 2015 6:45 am  #10

kornmuhme wrote:

kornmuhme wrote:

Quoting myself :-).
Well, Molly herself said sociopaths "are maybe just my type". She broke up with Tom and is free again. What kind of interest could the show and its makers have to bring Molly and Lestrade together? Ok, why not, you might say. But I can't see any sense in it, it wouldn't have any effect on anything (if we assume that Sherlock isn't interested in Molly AT ALL).
Edit: Yes, we will see Mary and the baby in the show, at least in episode 1.
But what I would like to add: As much as I hope for a tiny romance between Sherloch and Molly (yeah, maybe a kiss), I'm pretty sure Sherlock's asexuality will be kept up. It's just him and follows canon.

So your predictions are:

- Moriarty is dead
- Molly dates another sosiopath (under no circumstances being Lestrade)
- Sherlock and Molly will kiss
- the baby will be a consistent part of the show from episode 1 onwards

Right?

Last edited by Lola Red (August 6, 2015 6:47 am)

August 6, 2015 4:01 pm  #11

Almost:

Moriarty is dead.
Molly will not date Lestrade (if she will date anybody different, I cannot say)
Molly and Sherlock will kiss
Mary and the baby will appear in episode 1.

August 6, 2015 6:33 pm  #12

Lola Red wrote:

The baby will only be shown in one episode
The baby's initials will be W.S.S. or H.S.S.

The phrase “Vatican Cameos” will be uttered 

August 18, 2015 1:38 am  #13

Mary will help to solve at least one case with John and Sherlock, (ugh) , and /or possibly with Sherlock, but without John. (Ugh)

August 18, 2015 4:12 am  #14

Mary will be the villain of S4.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

August 18, 2015 5:26 am  #15

Sherlock and Molly will not kiss (why should they?).

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

August 23, 2015 1:16 pm  #16

If not in the SP then in S04..they will cover Sussex vampire..perhaps making reference to the theories back in the twenties and thirties etc that Holmes was Van Helsing in disguise.
Obviously this will give rise to speculation on not just Doyle and Wildes aquaintace but.. Doyle ,Wilde and Stokers decades of friendship...the homoeroticism in Dracula..and othrr interesting things.X

Informative article here...

https://muse.jhu.edu/journals/elh/summary/v061/61.2schaffer.html

and inspired by reading something welovethebeeker.tumblr.com wrote on silhouettes in SH and Dracula/Nosferatu

http://welovethebeekeeper.tumblr.com/post/127316440073/the-silhouette-some-pastiche-and-looking-for

Last edited by lil (August 23, 2015 1:26 pm)

August 28, 2015 11:20 pm  #17

Sherlocks dog Redbeard got put down because it bit someone..making sense of the Redbeard warning viz@Mary and Sherlock saying..he would be put down for shooting Magnussen.

September 1, 2015 1:45 pm  #18

kornmuhme wrote:

I get the feeling there is a tiny pinch of wishful thining in these predictions...?

Lestrade and Molly could really easily go on a date, in fact I also predict they will. In my opinion Mofftiss is veering towards that. Lestrade thinks Molly is attractive (see Christmas scene) and is sad when he sees that she is engaged (him asking her if the relationship is serious?!)
Molly has never thought of Lestrade that way because as I see it, she never thought he could be interested (and how could she? The time he was openly appreciative she was swooning over Sherlock...) So the moment she realises that, I reckon she'll be well up for it. Sociopaths are maybe her type, but to me that sounds more like the 'ideal' that we all have growing up and which then we realise was totally not what we really want. (Lestrade is perfect for her )
Sorry for the long rambling!

My predictions:
Moriarty is alive
Mary will be attacked by a 'ghost' from her past and die with the (unborn) baby (=consequences).
Lestrade will ask Molly out

September 2, 2015 3:19 am  #19

And following the deaths of Mary and the baby, John will return to Baker Street.

September 2, 2015 5:38 am  #20

There will be at least one mystery that Sherlock "can't fully explain in a way your silly little brains could grasp" or that Mycroft can't fully explain because he'd have to kill anyone that listened.

John will move in to Baker Street again, but there will be considerably less lingering looks, intimacy and domesticity.

Mary and Sherlock will hug and express their mutual appreciation.
Molly and Sherlock will have one or two short but profound exchanges.

Mary will die and John will be heartbroken but will handle it surprisingly well after a short emotional outbreak.

The baby will be kidnapped.

Board footera