BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 11, 2012 9:44 pm  #1

172 pics from Sherlock shooting(s)...

Seems to be quite crowded there...

http://s1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc506/Cherrytie/Sherlock%20221/

Last edited by Mattlocked (July 11, 2012 9:46 pm)

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

July 12, 2012 12:14 am  #2

Re: 172 pics from Sherlock shooting(s)...

thanks for posting.  I see Martin has a stand in,  or a stunt double, as they call them.   Who  was Ben posing with,  at the end,  with  that bald-headed guy,  who is he?  I don't recognize him.  I  loved seeing all the pics...Whoever took the pics must have been a worker on set.   Lucky!!  I  viewed it as a slideshow--  much easier than pushing my mouse keys.

Last edited by sherlockskitty (July 12, 2012 12:15 am)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

July 12, 2012 1:04 am  #3

Are you talking about the Frankenstein promo pics with Johnny Lee Miller?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

July 12, 2012 1:33 am  #4

These photos remind me so much of when they came to shoot a scene from "The Social Network" here at the school where my husband and I live. Our campus looks like Harvard University but Harvard wouldn't let them to film in the sacred "Yard" so they came here. (Did I post about this earlier? Sorry if this is a repeat.)  Anyway, it was a winter scene and they spent a day and a half setting it all up and dressing the set with fake snow.  It seemed like there were just hundreds and hundreds of crew people and cameras and hoses and cables and reflecting screens set up all over the place.  The actors seemed like minuscule afterthoughts in the midst of this bee hive of activity.  And yet, when all is said and done and the whole thing is put together, it's the actors who reign supreme and become larger than life on our screens. It's an amazing world the film industry.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

July 12, 2012 3:51 am  #5

Wholocked wrote:

Are you talking about the Frankenstein promo pics with Johnny Lee Miller?

THAT   was the Frankenstein thing?   Did they actually make that play into a movie?   I  found out  too late that they  filmed it  , to be screened on  theater screens all across the country in USA  and I missed it.  boo hoo!!

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

July 12, 2012 3:55 am  #6

sherlockskitty wrote:

thanks for posting.  I see Martin has a stand in,  or a stunt double, as they call them.  .

That's funny, considering his role in Love, Actually.

July 12, 2012 3:57 am  #7

KeepersPrice wrote:

These photos remind me so much of when they came to shoot a scene from "The Social Network" here at the school where my husband and I live. Our campus looks like Harvard University but Harvard wouldn't let them to film in the sacred "Yard" so they came here. (Did I post about this earlier? Sorry if this is a repeat.)  Anyway, it was a winter scene and they spent a day and a half setting it all up and dressing the set with fake snow.  It seemed like there were just hundreds and hundreds of crew people and cameras and hoses and cables and reflecting screens set up all over the place.  The actors seemed like minuscule afterthoughts in the midst of this bee hive of activity.  And yet, when all is said and done and the whole thing is put together, it's the actors who reign supreme and become larger than life on our screens. It's an amazing world the film industry.

KP, isn't it fun? I live in a college town, and at our recent Summer Festival they showed an outdoor movie that had been filmed on our campus. At one point, an iconic tower was on screen, and half the audience (me included), turned around because the real thing was right behind us.

July 12, 2012 5:10 am  #8

No Kitty they haven't made the play into a movie.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

July 13, 2012 11:57 pm  #9

Thank you, quite nice pictures!
Haven't looked at all of them, yet...

Though, no, Martin, what are you doing on this picture? NO.

Last edited by Sammy (July 13, 2012 11:58 pm)

July 14, 2012 12:27 am  #10

he's listening to a script guy,  and the girl  who's holding his tie  is fixing it---it  had a thread loose  or something.  But those sunglasses!!!   Those look like they're from Harry Potter.  sorry  Martin!!

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

August 2, 2012 3:26 am  #11

KeepersPrice wrote:

These photos remind me so much of when they came to shoot a scene from "The Social Network" here at the school where my husband and I live. Our campus looks like Harvard University but Harvard wouldn't let them to film in the sacred "Yard" so they came here.

Was this at Andover (PAA)?

The PEA powers that be are putting up a huge building of some kind right square in the middle of one side of the school's green space in the center of campus. It's the end of an era, I tell ya. But here in seacoast NH, build-able land is wicked expensive, and there's not much of it. If a school wants to expand, they have to make the hard decisions.

August 2, 2012 3:28 am  #12

sherlockskitty wrote:

he's listening to a script guy,  and the girl  who's holding his tie  is fixing it---it  had a thread loose  or something.  But those sunglasses!!!   Those look like they're from Harry Potter.  sorry  Martin!!

How do you get a job like that, fixing Martin's tie? I'd do it for free. Forever. Into perpetuity. Seriously.

August 2, 2012 6:24 am  #13

Official tie fixer. Has a good ring to it but not much use in getting closer to Ben!

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

August 2, 2012 10:46 am  #14

Davina wrote:

Official tie fixer. Has a good ring to it but not much use in getting closer to Ben!

Good point. But where John is, Sherlock often is as well. So official tie fixer would get us near him. And near him isn't a bad thing! Maybe we could also get appointed as Official Scarf Straightener and Folder.  Ah, two hard jobs, but someone has to do it.

August 2, 2012 11:12 am  #15

Love the shades, Martin!

Disguise is always a self portrait

August 2, 2012 11:42 am  #16

Sentimental Pulse wrote:

Love the shades, Martin!

Proof positive that men don't need James Bond good looks to be highly attractive. MF is a gorgeous man, in his own way. And he doesn't scare me, if that makes any sense. Even Ben scares me a bit, he's so tall and lean and in-charge and bright-eyed and bushy-tailed. Martin is like the bloke next door, nice to a fault, just lovely inside and out. *happy sigh*  And yes, I realize I'm just making this up. Maybe he's a big fat a**hole in real life, but somehow I doubt it.

Board footera