BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 27, 2015 9:19 pm  #881

Re: Oh, so it's your birthday?

Thank you, nakahara, I had indeed some lovely Sherlockian and non-Sherlockian presents. Just imagine someone taking their time and knitting Purple Socks of Sex for me. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 27, 2015 9:35 pm  #882

Purple Socks of Sex? LOL! 
It had to be a wonderful person. 

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

July 27, 2015 9:36 pm  #883

Yes, it is. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 27, 2015 10:30 pm  #884

SusiGo wrote:

Just imagine someone taking their time and knitting Purple Socks of Sex for me. 

I thought socks and sex were a no-go scnr!
but how awesome!

"It is what it is."

July 28, 2015 6:55 am  #885

July 28, 2015 7:06 am  #886

Purple socks are an exception to the rule!

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

July 28, 2015 7:32 pm  #887

Happy belated birthday, Susi!
I hope you had a wonderful time!!

Lily xx

Last edited by Lilythiell (July 28, 2015 7:33 pm)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

July 28, 2015 8:15 pm  #888

Thank you, Lily, I had a llovely day. 

August 8, 2015 6:45 pm  #889

My birthday on 10th August. I'm going to London tomorrow for the day to hang out with some friends. We're going to an exhibition, then to the Champagne and Cheese restaurant, then to see Mr Holmes and then to the Sherlock Holmes pub. The following day (my actual birthday) we're all meeting for breakfast at Speedy's, then I'm going out for dinner with the family in the evening. Should be good.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

August 8, 2015 6:57 pm  #890

Happy Birthday Boss!  Sounds fabulous.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

August 8, 2015 7:17 pm  #891

Happy early Birthday! It sounds like you have great plans for the day! I hope you have fun.

Clueing for looks.

August 9, 2015 10:47 am  #892

Sounds like a brilliant day, Boss. Have lots of fun. Congratulations will follow tomorrow. 

August 9, 2015 4:31 pm  #893

Happy Birthday for tomorrow! Sounds like the perfect way to spend it!! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

August 9, 2015 10:26 pm  #894

Wow… nice plans!     *toasts birthday!*

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

August 9, 2015 11:57 pm  #895

Happy birthday Boss! Have a lovely day, but it sounds you took care of that.

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

August 10, 2015 6:43 am  #896

Happy birthday, Boss! Have lots of fun at Speedy's and with your family. And thanks again for creating such a nice place. 

August 10, 2015 7:35 am  #897

Many happy returns, Boss. Enjoy the day!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

August 10, 2015 9:22 am  #898

Happy birthday, Boss! I hope you've had a wonderful time yesterday and that you'll have a joyous evening out tonight!
-Lily

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

August 10, 2015 10:51 am  #899

Huh? Birthday?

Happy birthday, Boss!

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

August 10, 2015 1:41 pm  #900

Go forth our leader and spread the gospel of Sherlock.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

Board footera