BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 29, 2015 8:44 am  #1

Major Sholtos badges

Hi,

I'm currently writing a Sherlock fanfiction and for that I was wondering about Major Sholtos badges at the wedding. I found a list on another site about which one is which but I'm not sure if he's wearing them in the right order.
According to the website it is:
1. Victorian Cross
2. Northern Ireland General Service Medal (1969-2007)
3. UN Medal for Operations in Yugoslavia or Croatia (approx. 1992 - 1996)
4. NATO former Republic of Yugoslavia Medal (approx. 1992 - 1996)
5. Iraq Campaign Service Medal (from 2004 onward)
6. Operational Service Medal from Afghanistan
7. Queen Elizabeth II Golden Jubilee Medal (2002)
8. Accumulated Campaign Service Medal (up to 2011)
9. Long Service and Good Conduct Medal

Is it correct in the way he's wearing it? Especially the 7th medal on this place?
Because I wouldn't be surprised if it's not...

I would be very happy if someone who knows about these things could help me with this puzzle.
Thanks a lot,
Milaya

Last edited by Milaya (May 29, 2015 10:09 am)

May 29, 2015 9:52 am  #2

Re: Major Sholtos badges

To be honest, if I knew the answer I'd probably be a member of a military badges board instead of this one 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

May 29, 2015 10:51 am  #3

Do you know a fanfic writer called Kizzia? She's a military expert and would probably know the answer to this.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

May 29, 2015 11:00 am  #4

Unfortunately I don't know her but if she might be able to help me, I'd like to contact her. Is she a current member of this board or do you have an idea how I could contact her? Thanks xxx

May 29, 2015 11:45 am  #5

She's @kizzia30 on Twitter and she has an AO3 account too - https://archiveofourown.org/users/Kizzia/pseuds/Kizzia and an LJ - http://kizzia.livejournal.com/

Hopefully you should be able to contact her off one of those. Just say that you got her info off Bec, she knows me

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

May 29, 2015 11:50 am  #6

Thank you, I'll try to send her an E-Mail.
Maybe I'll also reply here again if my assumption about the badges should turn out to be correct.

July 28, 2015 7:00 pm  #7

Hi,

I'd just like to add that kizzia helped me and she said that Sholto wears his badges in the correct order.
So it seems like I got a bit too suspicious but it's good to know anyway and it will still help me to continue with my story.

July 28, 2015 10:00 pm  #8

Milaya wrote:

Hi,

I'd just like to add that kizzia helped me and she said that Sholto wears his badges in the correct order.
So it seems like I got a bit too suspicious but it's good to know anyway and it will still help me to continue with my story.

Nice! I'm glad you found out!

August 1, 2015 9:18 am  #9

Just a small point but they are medals not badges. They would never be referred to as badges 

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

Board footera