BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 27, 2015 4:42 pm  #1

SPECTRE

Any Bond fans getting excited for SPECTRE? The new trailer came out recently, and it got me pretty excited. More Q! Léa Seydoux! Andrew Scott! I know Andrew is supposed to be on the intelligence/British government side, but form the trailer I'm not convinced that he is good or that I shouldn't be scared of him, because honestly he's scarier than Moriarty when we see him.

Clueing for looks.

July 27, 2015 8:07 pm  #2

Re: SPECTRE

Squeak! Says it all. Very, very excited by this!   

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

July 27, 2015 8:35 pm  #3

OMG THAT TRAILER IS SOMETHING ELSE!!

Thanks so much for posting, I hadn't seen it before. Wow, it looks really good. Andrew looks kind of evil in it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

July 27, 2015 9:03 pm  #4

I'm glad I was able to show it to you! And yes, Andrew looks evil, so we'll see what happens. Very exciting stuff!
I don't know whether we can use this trailer as any indication, but I really hope Q gets more screen time in this one.

Last edited by Yitzock (July 27, 2015 9:03 pm)

Clueing for looks.

July 28, 2015 11:26 am  #5

The trailer looks really quite promising, although I have to say that the main trailer for "Skyfall" looked even better, darker to me.
But this could get very dark as well, so... since Craig took over as Bond I'm looking forward to each new movie anyway, but in this case I can't wait to see which role Andrew will really play.
As for Q, it seems that Bond will go an a solitary mission, so Q will probably help him to vanish (according to the trailer) and we might not see all that much of him apart from that. 

My boyfriend already mentioned some allusions to earlier Bond movies to me. It seems that they're using (at least for the trailer) an excerpt of a soundtrack from an earlier movie (can't remember which one it is though...). And Waltz apparently wears a similar jacket that Dr. No was also wearing... And of course Spectre was mentioned before as well (in "From Russia with Love" and "Thunderball").

Last edited by SolarSystem (July 28, 2015 11:30 am)

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

July 28, 2015 3:16 pm  #6

Yes, it would seem that with SPECTRE they are going back to some things that came up in earlier films.  Plus, I know it's a continuation from Skyfall in that it will continue in its exploration of Bond's past, which I am looking forward to.
Even if he's not in every scene, I would like for Q to be around a bit more, although perhaps that's not necessarily keeping with the Bond tradition, but I like him as a character so I always hope there'll be at least a bit more, though of course Bond does have to go in alone at some point.

Clueing for looks.

Board footera