BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 13, 2015 8:33 am  #1641

Re: Free Rants

How was the surgery, Phantom?

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

June 14, 2015 5:55 am  #1642

Thanks again for your thoughts

I'm in a lot of pain to be honest... My jaw has been swollen since yesterday but at least the swelling has come down some and my cheek is now turning blue...

Oh and they found yet another wisdom tooth that needs to go... but I have to wait and see if I can be granted money for that.

But it'll be good soon when it all heals I'll be happy.

I've been staying at my mums place and my dog is taking good care of me

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

June 23, 2015 8:47 pm  #1643

I hope you're starting to feel better! And dogs always help (or any pet).

Clueing for looks.

June 23, 2015 9:20 pm  #1644

Thank you! I do feel a lot better, only a few days ago I started to be able to eat soft foods, moving on from liquids. I was 'lucky' enough to get a Dry Socket. I saw my dentist last Thursday and almost started crying when he asked me how I had been doing since the surgery. He was sweet and only opened my mouth slightly and even if there was no infection he gave me antibiotics so I could mentally be at ease. I was so worried I had an infection

Thank goodness I'm able to eat a bit more now, I'm chronically anemic and having lived off of pudding (because yogurt was too acidic) doesn't really help the iron balance... 

But I'm getting back to my old self again! I even braved a pizza today! 

My dog was sweet after the surgery, bless him. He would lie next to me on the couch and be my support... and when I suddenly got a bad pain and had to search for the ice pack in a panic, he panicked too... poor thing. He took it out on his favourite teddy! 

I'm very nervous about having my last one out now.... I have no idea when it will be (because I need to ask the state to help me with the finances as I'm on benefits). I've never had a phobia with dentists before. (but I have it with ear doctors... but that's another story).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

June 30, 2015 10:16 pm  #1645

*shudders*

Ugh... 

Today after the dentist when I was still sedated and rushing to make my train home I met a family member... and not one I was happy to see... He kept saying my name and I actually did try to smile and politely say hello...

The problem is that he's a mess of a drunk... and several times he has tried to invite me to... ehm... do improper things with him. 
I made a foolish mistake a while ago of accepting his friendship request on facebook and have had several comments from him if I post pictures of myself... especially those where my body is visible. 

He just makes me feel sick! 

His immediate family turned their back on him after several attempts to help him with his problems, and deep down I do feel sorry for him...

But why the heck does he have to be after me? He has a plenty of bimbos who hang around him for reasons I can't understand...

And as I expected I am now getting private messages on FB from him asking if I recogniced him or not. 

blegh!

Last edited by This Is The Phantom Lady (June 30, 2015 10:19 pm)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

July 2, 2015 1:42 am  #1646

That sounds really uncomfortable, Phantom.  I wish I could give you some advice, but all I can say is that I understand how tough that must be.  I know I'd feel really uncomfortable if that were happening to me.  It's hard when you feel bad for someone but they also hurt you in some way, or make you feel bad.  I hope this situation gets better for you, or at least becomes less difficult to deal with in some way.  If he makes innapropriate comments, is it possible to block him or tell him that you don't like what he does?

Clueing for looks.

July 5, 2015 10:08 pm  #1647

Can you not send him a private message asking him to stop the comments etc. and say you will have to, unfortunately, block him if he continues?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

July 6, 2015 9:17 am  #1648

The thing is that I'm a bit 'scared' of him... and I don't think he gets it either. And since it's a family member it's just even more complicated... 

I'll just ignore him until he get's tired of it. 

I have another complaint... I suffer from anxiety and still have some hints of PTSD... and once again some people thought it was fun running around knocking on doors and then test door handles. 
I know it's just drunk idiots who are bored... the joys of living in a student building!
But every time my heart was in my throat and I was seaching for my baseball bat. 

Of course it didn't help that I was watching some of my X-Files DVD's... 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

July 6, 2015 3:10 pm  #1649

That does sound like it would be very irritating, and if it happened multiple times it would probably scare me, too.
I actually had a strange moment a few months ago, someone must have been drunk and not realized they were at the wrong door and actually opened the door to my room while I was in bed (at that time I was having trouble getting my door to lock properly).  I must say it was a startling, but at least they left right away and without a word.

Last edited by Yitzock (July 6, 2015 3:11 pm)

Clueing for looks.

July 6, 2015 3:28 pm  #1650

Gosh! That would have scared me half to death if that happened! 

I hate my anxiety... sometimes I don't even feel safe in my own home, and things like that just brings it all back. 
But yeah, those drunken students probably don't even know what they are doing. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

July 7, 2015 11:38 pm  #1651

I need to rant about life being so annoyingly difficult sometimes. I am terribly scared of the future, keep telling myself that yes, there is always benefits to claim, no, I won't be sleeping under a bridge, and yes, I can handle depression and the shit that comes along with it, and no, it won't bring me down this time, and yes, I will one day achieve something, and no, I'm not useless. I could honest to God kick a door in with frustration. Maybe a whole set of doors. Not sure. I wish there was a nice boyfriend around to say "hush, don't worry, I like you anyway" but as life goes, there isn't. I know I'm in serious trouble when watching Sherlock doesn't cheer me up anymore. Life is an unfair unfair unfair stupid thing! pfffffff... okay. Rant over. Tomorrow is a new day yeaaah. Now I'll go read a fanfic because I deserve it.
On the bright side (remembering looking on bright side is important): tomorrow will only be 20 degrees and not 30. small things, but still.

eta: drunk students can be so annoying. every weekend they pass on the street under my window at 3am, singing! bad singing!

Last edited by Whisky (July 7, 2015 11:39 pm)

"It is what it is."

July 8, 2015 12:52 am  #1652

I know it's not the same, but I too can often be scared of the future.  When I think of adult life, I get very scared that I won't be able to do anything and think about how horrible it feels like it's going to be.  I like life, there are lots of things I like doing, but the future, being older and working, is often a very dire and unavoidable prospect.  I don't yearn for it, even though sometimes I wish I had a bit more freedom to buy things I want.  I don't min not having that if it means I don't need to fully live as an adult anymore.  I try to live one day at a time, but I am running out of those days.  I know I do well at school and often even enjoy school, people say I'm going to go places, but a lot of the time I feel like a lost soul.  I like the idea that the world is like a machine, so there are no spare parts, but sometimes I struggle with what my purpose could be, because no matter what I do I worry that I won't be as happy or as comfortable as I want to.  My family has money for me, but I'm scared of not having enough.  I know it doesn't buy happiness, but I am still afraid of not having any because a certain amount of it is needed to procure the things I need to live and that I enjoy.

Ah yes, drunk students.  I remember last winter there were some outside my residence building for over an hour in the middle of the night making lots and lots of noise and I couldn't sleep.

Clueing for looks.

July 8, 2015 9:17 am  #1653

Whisky, Yitzock, let me give the both of you a tight hug. *hug*

Yes, life can be pretty unfair indeed. Quite often it's not even your own life that makes this abundantly clear, but the life of other people. People who are talented on so many levels, who have ideas and courage to try out lots of different things and who sometimes even are successful - but who still can't pay the rent, basically. I think with a lot of things there is so much luck involved and being at the right place at the right time.
I know more people who return to struggling with their lives on a regular basis than I know people who are more or less content most of the time. I'm turning 40 this year and I still don't feel that I've reached a point in life where I can finally say "Yes, that's it, that's how I want my life to continue".
So I think I understand your fears and emotions, but I'm afraid I can't give you any advice apart from: Yes, try to enjoy the little things (and sometimes one might find that a seemingly little thing turn out to be very important in the end) and don't surrender to any shit life may throw at you. And if you need help, try to find it. It's vital to have people in your lives you can confide in. 

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

July 8, 2015 10:41 am  #1654

Big hugs from me too

I have those fears too and they do suck. My best advice is to try and take things as they go and to not overthink... not an easy task! 

I saw a therapist yesterday, It has taken me way too long to get reffered, and I ran into another 'issue' there... this is the second person I have seen since my doctor reffered me, and I fall into the same trap. 
I have always put up a brave face (using places like this to get my bad days out.) and it just gets harder to answer "So why have you come here today?". 
... it didn't help that the first person I saw told me that she didn't feel like I needed help. I just needed a job and to lose weight. 
I do need help... 

this might be a bit too personal... and I'm sorry... but.... I even mumbled something about my childhood and things I experienced that no child should even know about. And the lady basically told me that since I had not asked for help before now, maybe I didn't need help now. 

It took me 20 years to reach out. And that's what I get. 

Sorry... back on track. You both have your lives ahead of you, we all have. I think there are too many demands to be honest,  demands to have your whole life planned when you're 10 years old. 

Try to breathe, and find yourselves and something you are content with.

Also having a boyfriend isn't always the solution. I have my first 'proper' boyfriend now (despite that he lives in Holland) and while I love him to bits and he does keep my head high it's also making me more vulnerable in a way. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

July 8, 2015 10:58 am  #1655

A while ago I saw a therapist, too. And apparently I'm wearing a perfect mask, so it took her several visits until she noticed that I needed help. (She told me so afterwards. At first she was wondering "Why is this open, happy, confident person asking me for help?") But she never told me so during my visits.
@Phantom: I had almost the same experience as you when I had to search for another therapist some weeks ago. I called her and told her (as shortly as possible) about my problems. Her answer was: "Okay, now you've told me a lot of things. But why do you want to see me?"    )

I was always a bit afraid of the future, unsure what to do, which job.....
And it doesn't help that everyone keeps telling:"Do the job you love! And nothing else!!"
And what if I'm in a job I don't love? And what if I don't have the courage to change it? After 25 years?
So I try to be happy like it is. I work to get some money. With the money I can pay the house we live in, the interests I have.... and my Hamlet ticket. 

Heads up! Live goes on and you can't foresee, how....
And things almost never end up as you've planned anyway.

Last edited by Mattlocked (July 8, 2015 10:59 am)

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

July 8, 2015 2:29 pm  #1656

Mattlocked wrote:

I was always a bit afraid of the future, unsure what to do, which job.....
And it doesn't help that everyone keeps telling:"Do the job you love! And nothing else!!"
And what if I'm in a job I don't love? And what if I don't have the courage to change it? After 25 years?
So I try to be happy like it is. I work to get some money. With the money I can pay the house we live in, the interests I have.... and my Hamlet ticket.

And that actually is a pretty good 'strategy' if you ask me, Mattlocked, a good way of dealing with things in life. Of dealing with a job that isn't your "Traumjob" (dream job). I suppose that a lot of people don't really like their job, but let's face it: Not everyone can have the perfect job. That doesn't mean that one should just resign and stop thinking about other options. But it's understandable that this is quite difficult after 25 years.
So you either can 'pull yourself together' and try to change your job situation - or you can view your job as a means of earning money (like you've already mentioned) and then enjoy the things you are able to afford because of the money you've earned.
When I told my boyfriend about those three tickets for "Richard II" with David Tennant in London next January and said "I know, it's totally crazy and unresonable", his answer was: "Why? You work hard for your money and most of the time your job pisses you off, so why shouldn't you spend your money for something that cheers you up and makes you happy?" I almost cried when he said that...

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

July 8, 2015 4:00 pm  #1657

Thank you for understanding.

Mattlocked, Phantom, isn't it strange how sometimes people see more than we do, and sometimes don't get it at all?
I came to my therapist and I told her nothing of importance at all and she was like: yes okay, you're in for at least 3-4 years therapy, and I was like wtf :D

"just do the job and enjoy the nice things you can buy with it". It's good advice. I adore that strenghts. I just can't seem to pull it off. And if you do something you don't like, and still don't have the money to do things you'd enjoy (can't afford Hamlet tickets), and you're blessed with depression on top of that, your energy is just flying out the window. (even with therapy, which I have).
small things, small things... maybe going to my professor and getting rid of the essay I've been procrastinating for 3 years and finally finished :D

solar, your boyfriend is very right with that! you really should enjoy it. apart from that, why crazy and unreasonable? makes perfect sense to me and I guess to most of people here :D

Last edited by Whisky (July 8, 2015 4:01 pm)

"It is what it is."

July 8, 2015 11:13 pm  #1658

UGH I hate that I feel so sad right now.  I saw my friend who I haven't seen in six months today.  We had lunch and then we went back to my place to sit outside and talk some more before she had to go.  I had wished we had had more time because it felt like a short visit compared to some other times, but then again I always feel like it's not enough because I love every moment we can have together and always wish there could be more.  
Because of this this there's always some level of sadness when I have to say goodbye after seeing friends, but today it hit me very hard.  I'm not sure whether it's as bad as I felt when I said goodbye to all my friends for the last time before we all went to different schools, but right now it feels like it could be close.  I just want to cry (and I did a bit).
Part of this may be because I feel like a coward, but I don't know.  Whether I'm still in love with her I'm not sure of anymore, and the thought of tainting what we've got.  She's not prejudiced, but sometimes I feel like it's not worth the risk.  I've told her "I love you" before, and she's said it back, but obviously she doesn't know what I really meant.  When I was thinking about inviting her, I thought that maybe this time I'd finally speak the truth, but then as soon as I invited her and today came, my cowardice came flooding back.  And maybe it's because I'm not sure about it, anymore, but sometimes I still feel very sure.  I wish I could be braver, but sometimes I wonder if maybe it's better this way, even if it hurts.  I just hate that I have to feel so sad once the happiness ends.  It's like I can't go back to normal until I feel both a lot of happiness and and then some sadness that makes me feel like I don't want to do anything for a while.  But I hate that I have to feel so sad immediately after, when I should still feel lingering happiness from our visits, even thought they're over, like I used to.  Maybe it's because we get fewer chances to spend time together than we used to, but I don't know.  It still sucks.

Last edited by Yitzock (July 8, 2015 11:14 pm)

Clueing for looks.

July 8, 2015 11:38 pm  #1659

*Big hugs*

I'm sorry to hear you're having a rough time falling in love with your friends can complicate things so much. 
I've been madly in love with my best friend, and there's still times when it comes back... I actually told her that, believe me it took a lot of courage... we're closer friends for it even. But it can go both ways.

I have had those same feelings myself, feeling empty after friends left... especially with one particular person. She is not my friend anymore (I realized she only wanted to spend time with me when she had problems...) 

I hope you solve your problems somehow and get out of that state. *sends some more hugs*

I have another rant... I have FINALLY found some pain medicine that actually helps me, I no longer have to wake up shivering from pains or even paralyzed from the waist down (yes that happened a few times, yegh).
However, getting those pills means I have to call my doctor and practically beg on my crying knees to get my prescription renewed because of their strength and my age. 
And as if that wasn't bad enough I've had to call the doctors office four times in 2 days because my renewed prescription never made it through... I visited the pharmacy 3 times and despite this being a big city the girl at the pharmacy remembered me, even offering to call the doctor for me. 

I am panicking... I only have enough tablets for Friday! 

I can't even bear to think about how much pain I was in before I got those tablets. It would get so bad I actually considered if life was worth living. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

July 9, 2015 12:40 am  #1660

Thanks, Phantom.  I am actually feeling a little better now that some more time as passed.  Still not feeling completely better, though.
I hope you are able to get your medication in time.

Clueing for looks.

Board footera