BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 23, 2015 3:35 am  #1

Letters from Sussex

Is anyone reading this new fic?
Letters from Sussex by sussexbound (find it here http://archiveofourown.org/works/4147626/chapters/9356727)

It's an epistolary-style work set after Sherlock has retired to Sussex and is trying to reconcile with John after everything that has happened post-HLV (I'm not sure if there is a story that explains what happened, but it's not necessary either way). It's a work in progress, but the author seems to be updating regularly with a couple of new chapters daily. It's incredibly romantic and moving, and I can't wait to see where it's going.

Last edited by ukaunz (June 23, 2015 3:37 am)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

June 25, 2015 1:04 pm  #2

Re: Letters from Sussex

I AM! :D I love it. I even cried at times 

-Could you whisper...?
-NOT REALLY!!

June 25, 2015 1:28 pm  #3

Started today. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 25, 2015 10:21 pm  #4

I'm on it I don't like WIPs usually... but I'll hope for the best and just try this one...

"It is what it is."

June 26, 2015 8:49 am  #5

I have a technical question - on my Kindle I do not see the chapters consisting of text messages. It says e.g. Chapter 22, immediately followed by Chapter 23. What about you? Does it work for you or do you read these chapters online?

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 26, 2015 9:03 am  #6

I read online. Works fine on my phone and my pc...

-Could you whisper...?
-NOT REALLY!!

June 26, 2015 12:30 pm  #7

It looks like the text message chapters consist of pictures. Does kindle show pictures?

I read online, so I can't help you further. I love that story, it's sweet, and somewhat realistic :-)

"It is what it is."

Board footera