BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 22, 2015 4:50 pm  #161

Re: What are you listening to?

Sounds compelling, Jen.
Listen a lot to Mozart's mass in c minor these days, as in choir we started rehearsing it. Great piece of music.

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

February 22, 2015 5:07 pm  #162

Things have deteriorated somewhat as third son has now gotten his violin out and several other family members have decided to try to join in and help. I am going off line to hunt for ear plugs.

February 23, 2015 1:02 pm  #163

Jen Hart it is called singing or playing 'by ear' in English.  Feel your pain!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

April 5, 2015 7:57 am  #164

I rediscovered an old 'love'.

The German band Cinema Bizarre. I was so very obsessed with them as a messy teenager but I ended up forgetting about them... I guess I moved away when the band members were leaving the band. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

April 8, 2015 3:03 pm  #165

At this exact moment I'm listening to the debut album of Michael Price (wonder why that name rings a bell...), Entanglement, to which one can stream -and also pre-order, obviously.
I'm loving it, it is so calm, so refreshing. I suspect one might use it as inspiration for fics (and that's definitely what I'm going to do. Been stuck on mine for too long).

Here's the link, if anyone wants a listen http://www.musicomh.com/news/album-streams/michael-price-entanglement

-Lily

Last edited by Lilythiell (April 8, 2015 3:25 pm)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

April 8, 2015 3:11 pm  #166

Just got the Hozier cd.  Loving his voice and the bluesy feel of most of the songs.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

April 8, 2015 3:35 pm  #167

Seeing tonnaree's post I couldn't not listen to the first song that came up in Google Search...my, it does sound wonderful, too

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

April 8, 2015 4:44 pm  #168

Was it "Take Me to Church"? 

Google "Angel of Small Death and the Codine Scene."

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

April 9, 2015 5:09 pm  #169

Lately in my playlist there is all the F.U.N. discography.
I've just rediscovered this band and their sound <3

April 10, 2015 9:24 pm  #170

Hozier is amazing!

I've lately really fallen in love with Sam Smith. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

June 20, 2015 11:15 pm  #171

I LOVE "Take me to Church", but I can't watch the video. Breaks my heart.

I've fallen in love with Pink's "Try". Heard it on the radio a lot of times, but then I listened to the lyrics and saw the video. Oh, my, she is awesome!

"Just because it burns doesn't mean you're gonna die. You gotta get up and try, try, try".

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

June 24, 2015 10:43 pm  #172

I discovered a set of CDs at my library called "Music in the Movies", it's mostly classical pieces and musical scores such as Chariots of Fire, Lara's Theme (Dr Zhivago) Beethoven's Piano Concerto No. 5 (used in The King's Speech), Lawrence of Arabia, The Lord of the Rings, The Piano... It's killing me at the moment with Adagio in G Minor (used in Gallipoli)... God this music is like getting stabbed in the heart! Then it will change to something completely different like the Star Wars theme.

Here's the list if anyone is interested
http://www.abc.net.au/classic/classic100/movies/

Last edited by ukaunz (June 24, 2015 11:15 pm)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

August 1, 2015 5:38 pm  #173

Someone made a compilation of dance scenes from films to the song "Shut up and dance" from Walk the moon. It's making it's rounds on tumblr for some time now. It's brilliant made and a cool song. It's not a brand new song.
Have fun

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

August 2, 2015 3:27 am  #174

Eesh… no kidding, ukaunz!  I think I recall quite a few of the 'my favorite songs' in a thread we had for such topic a while back, being movie score type stuff… agree with how much the scores and classical can move you, and how perfectly that genre music, with a good composer, 'tells' the story.  Curiously looked up the list - nice stuff on there... from typical classics and 'best of', to lots I don't recall.  Might be a good set to check out at library...
Definitely agree with the ones you listed, and was pleased to see Dances With Wolves, Gladiator, and Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon on there - all beautiful.  Thanks! 

And then to a totally different kind of happy feeling from a song - aww... you just posted one of my favorite "music videos" ever, Ivy!  ;D  I am also a culprit of seeing it making it's rounds online lately, and was instantly enchanted thanks to combo of the happy joyful dance song and the video - so many amazing classic bits all synced up... and the great part was the happy nostalgia of thinking of a dozen more she didn't even have room for!  I'm quite sheepish to admit I never heard that song (or of that band) making it's rounds when it came out... and even more so, when looked into the band and realized they're from a nearby city, even!  A shame I missed the last local music festival they were at... may have to catch them in the future.     Thanks for sharing!

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

August 15, 2015 7:48 pm  #175

MCR

Embracing my secret emo side.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

January 21, 2016 3:24 pm  #176

I'm listening a lot to "Under Pressure" by Queen and David Bowie. On of my favorite songs way before Bowie's death. It really doesn't get much better than this in my opinion:

Last edited by Vhanja (January 21, 2016 3:24 pm)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

January 21, 2016 6:01 pm  #177

Well it's a classic, love that song. I'm also a Queen/Mercury fan. 

----------

January 21, 2016 6:24 pm  #178

Even though I never followed all his stuff, I've had that song in my head the past couple days too!  Ever since saw it on a nostalgic 'list of greats', and had totally forgotten they did it together.

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

January 21, 2016 7:41 pm  #179

I never followed all his stuff either. There are several songs I love. But I think everyone knows "Under Pressure". It's a catchy tune, you'll never get that bass line out of your head, it's brilliant,

After he died I had the Space Oddity refrain in my head for several days, because that song was played everywhere for a couple of days.

----------

January 22, 2016 2:47 am  #180

Man, the thing about hearing a lot of old hits around the same time as each other is --- getting them all tumbled together in head!  The whole week!  Not only my old soft-spot favorite songs from 'Labyrinth', but 'Under Pressure' (which I happily complete forgot was a collaboration between those guys!), 'Space Oddity', and now lately a little Adele.  Another singer I'm well aware of the presence/adoration of for years, but never listened to her much - many fans here?  A friend gave me her newest, thinking I'd appreciate her style, and while not sure a huge fan of the songs, I do concede she has quite the unique voice!  Lately, her hit 'Hello' mostly stood out for me for being so plaintively heartfelt and been stuck in head too.  Very pretty.  Although why is nearly every single new song about lost/hurt love?         I thought her albums were journeys of her years at that point, and almost wanting more 'movement' through different themes.  But then, I don't listen to a whole lot of pop stars.

Board footera