BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 14, 2015 8:33 am  #1

Game: Guess the name of the baby

Carlton Cumberbatch

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

June 14, 2015 8:36 am  #2

Re: Game: Guess the name of the baby

John Martin Cumberbatch

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

June 14, 2015 9:11 am  #3

Little Henry Carlton cumberbatch

"It is what it is."

June 14, 2015 10:37 am  #4

I guess it's something old fashioned. And Timothy and/or Carlton could be in it.

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

June 14, 2015 1:05 pm  #5

Timothy Charles Cumberbatch. Names after both their fathers.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

June 14, 2015 2:51 pm  #6

James Alan Barnabe Cumberbatch.

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

June 14, 2015 3:06 pm  #7

I"m rooting for Hamish damnit!

I just really like the name.   (And I really did like it way before I discovered Sherlock)

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

June 14, 2015 4:31 pm  #8

tonnaree wrote:

I"m rooting for Hamish damnit!

I just really like the name.   (And I really did like it way before I discovered Sherlock)

Hahahaha, that'd be a hoot!

I thought it might be something like Henry, James or William, and maybe one of his own and his dad's names in the middle. Though who knows, maybe Sophie's got some ancestor or other whose name they're going to use.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Why, why? I mean, why, why?"
"Four excellent questions."

June 15, 2015 3:40 am  #9

Hunter Benedict Cumberbatch

June 15, 2015 8:18 am  #10

Benedict Junior Timothy Carlton Cumberbatch  or Benedict Cumberbatch Junior 

June 15, 2015 12:52 pm  #11

How about Fred? 

Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 

June 15, 2015 1:25 pm  #12

Kurt? Kurt Cumberbatch doesn't sound too bad (considering they are giving him Ben's name) 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

June 25, 2015 12:08 pm  #13

Does anyone but me think it's rather odd that no name for the baby has been made public? Of course it's their right to never tell the public his name, if that's what they decide to do. Has a name been announced, and I just missed it?

June 25, 2015 12:46 pm  #14

It does seem a little odd, but like you said, it's their right. I'm sure we'll find out at some point.  Would love to see a photo of the little man but I can wait until there's something official.  Trying to avoid any paps.

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

June 25, 2015 12:52 pm  #15

I just hope they will take it all on their own time... but I can't deny that I'm curious 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

June 25, 2015 1:03 pm  #16

Well, they're not a royal couple so...don't necessarily expect them to publish a picture of the baby. I mean, Martin and Amanda do everything they can to keep their kids out of the press and always ask for pictures to get removed if they get put online or whathaveyou so...Benedict and Sophie might do the same.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

June 25, 2015 1:37 pm  #17

I know there were rumours of a paparazzi pic of Ben out with a stroller, but luckily I haven't seen it. Don't even know if it's true. The Tumblr blogs I follow shared an encouragement to everyone NOT to post or share the pic, so no one did.

Sometimes, fans can be quite alright.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

June 25, 2015 2:02 pm  #18

And sometimes, they can be all nasty and mean. 

That pic you are speaking about - I have seen it before I knew what it is. Because only a stroller and no baby is visible on a picture, some nasty person reblogged it anyway, with a sarcastic comment making fun of people protecting Ben´s privacy. I can´t undestand how can it be so satisfying for such people to make mean things like that. 

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

June 25, 2015 3:07 pm  #19

nakahara wrote:

And sometimes, they can be all nasty and mean. 

That pic you are speaking about - I have seen it before I knew what it is. Because only a stroller and no baby is visible on a picture, some nasty person reblogged it anyway, with a sarcastic comment making fun of people protecting Ben´s privacy. I can´t undestand how can it be so satisfying for such people to make mean things like that. 

Because a ceratin percentage of people are just assholes.

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

June 25, 2015 6:50 pm  #20

While it is true that a certain percentage of Ben's fans are asshats, and a few more percentage points of them are younger than 14 and therefore have no adult judgment about what constitutes acceptable behavior, most of us fall into the other 80ish%.

And while I respect the Cumberbatches' desire not to be the subject of scrutiny, the fact is, Ben IS a public figure, whether he likes it or not. He and Sophie should have a good PR agent who will lead them into finding a balance between letting it all hang out and acting as though his fans are dangerous loony tune nut cases who shouldn't be trusted with the time of day. It might be a fine line, but I believe it IS find-able....  thousands of Hollywood celebs have done it, after all, found that balance. Treating your fans like pariahs will not endear you to anyone. I realize that here in America we probably play by a different set of rules when it comes to celebrity, but all I have is my American opinion.

So I'm hoping they'll throw us a bone and at least tell us the kid's first name. I will NEVER expect photos, but I guess I can't see the harm in sharing his first name. Will my life go on if I never learn what his name is?  Absolutely. But being a fan of Ben's (and why do I feel I owe him an apology for actually caring about him? how weird!), I think I'm entitled to at least know a little bit about his real life, not just his characters.

Just my take on this. Is there a thread somewhere already set up for this topic?

Board footera