BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 27, 2015 9:26 pm  #61

Re: Doctor Strange (spoilers)

Yes, she is a great actress with very unusual and fascinating looks. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

May 27, 2015 9:35 pm  #62

As in Orlando 

Last edited by Harriet (May 27, 2015 9:36 pm)

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

May 28, 2015 6:59 am  #63

And "We need to talk about Kevin". 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

May 28, 2015 7:14 am  #64

That is really interesting! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

May 28, 2015 7:49 am  #65

SolarSystem wrote:

Tilda Swinton, oh wow, that would be brilliant. I absolutely loved her in "Only Lovers Left Alive" with Hiddles, it would be wonderful to see her together with Benedict now.

I still haven't seen that. I love Hiddles

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

May 28, 2015 8:16 am  #66

An excellent film. They are both wonderful in it. 

May 28, 2015 8:24 am  #67

That film is something very special indeed. Everything about it is just perfect.

And coming back to Marvel: Although I like most of the Marvel movies anyway, I think it is a good sign when quality actors sign up for it. Because then you can be pretty sure that the film will not only be about action, but also about some intense character scenes with (hopefully) gripping dialogue. Tom's Loki is the best example.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

May 28, 2015 9:01 am  #68

SolarSystem wrote:

Tilda Swinton, oh wow, that would be brilliant. I absolutely loved her in "Only Lovers Left Alive" with Hiddles, it would be wonderful to see her together with Benedict now.

I hadn't heard of that film, looked it up and it sounds awesome so I've reserved it at the library. Thanks for the rec

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

May 28, 2015 9:07 am  #69

ukaunz wrote:

SolarSystem wrote:

I hadn't heard of that film, looked it up and it sounds awesome so I've reserved it at the library. Thanks for the rec

It wasn't even meant to be a real rec, but you're welcome.
It probably is one of Jarmusch's most mainstream movies, but he still manages to keep it strange and arcane... and Hiddles and Swinton are (and look) absolutely beautiful together. 

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant

May 28, 2015 10:26 am  #70

Only Lovers Left Alive is a beautiful film and Tilda will be a wonderful addition to Doctor Strange, if she joins the cast. I enjoy the Marvel movies and would prefer to watch a decent reworking of a comic into film than to watch one of the often pointless and frequently inferior remakes that are being churned out at present (Mad Max: Fury Road an exception to this though).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

May 28, 2015 1:35 pm  #71

An interesting note. 

"The actress is negotiations to portray the Ancient One, the Tibetan mystic who is a mentor to Dr. Strange. "

Putting her in this role would be a gender switch but it's not like that's a problem for Tilda.  I think she would be fantastic!

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

May 28, 2015 1:37 pm  #72

MORE NEWS!

Guess who else may be joining Benedict in the Marvel Universe!?!

Chiwetel Ejofor!
http://www.ew.com/article/2015/01/23/chiwetel-ejiofor-doctor-strange

Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 

May 28, 2015 1:40 pm  #73

This is getting better and better...!
And I'd love that gender switch, to be honest. There should be as many women in those Marvel films as possible. Tilda could even take a bit of an androgynous road, she's done it in the past.

May 28, 2015 1:42 pm  #74

I am a big fan of the Marvel Universe and one reason I love the films so much is that they take their casting seriously.  They cast for talent and not just muscle.

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

May 28, 2015 2:23 pm  #75

Oh yes I knew about Chiwetel. Both are just "rumoured" at the moment, but it would be interesting.

I must say Doctor Strange looks very cool in the comics. A bit like Tony Stark, with that beard. I reckon BC will look extremely hot in that film.

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

June 26, 2015 7:32 pm  #76

Strange tweet about Dr. Strange. Will they start filming so soon?

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

June 26, 2015 7:46 pm  #77

This is very strange indeed. Pre-production yes, but more than four months before Benedict will be available?

June 26, 2015 7:50 pm  #78

Dr. Strange by day, Hamlet by night? Bit exhausting, that.... 

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

June 26, 2015 7:52 pm  #79

And the nappy changing in between. 

June 27, 2015 8:57 am  #80

'Making' involves a lot more than just filming the main character.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

Board footera