BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 29, 2015 9:05 pm  #161

Re: Jeremy Brett Picture Thread

Oooh, my favourite scene from "Speckled band"!

I absolute adore Sherlock´s sass in the scene. "Close the door from outside, for there is a draft  here.", "Just another client, Mrs. Hudson" and this trick with fire-poker that crowns it. Love Jeremy´s sarcastic voice and his laugh to Roylott´s face.... 

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

April 30, 2015 7:03 am  #162

Holmes dangerous: Sherlock and his tourniqet:

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

May 1, 2015 11:57 am  #163

That picture is from "The Devil's Foot", one of my favorites. A really cool story!

May 1, 2015 12:01 pm  #164

The Man in Black

May 6, 2015 1:18 am  #165

Here is him posing with one of his little irregulars 

May 6, 2015 7:53 pm  #166

So cute! 

May 7, 2015 4:01 am  #167

The Woman

May 10, 2015 7:24 pm  #168

If I remember correctly, Irene´s photograph together with Sherlock´s cocaine needle was visible every time sherlock opened his drawer - I was impressed with this and many other clever details Granada put into their TV series. 

May 24, 2015 4:32 am  #169

I've been reading the original ACD stories in published order and then watching the corresponding episode of the Jeremy Brett series, which means that I watch the TV series out of order. I'm embarrassed to say how long it has taken me to realise that Watson is played by two different actors, David Burke in The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes (shown above on the left) and Edward Hardwicke in the Return of Sherlock Holmes (on the right). Not very observant, am I?

Last edited by ukaunz (May 24, 2015 4:36 am)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

May 24, 2015 7:09 pm  #170

To be fair they are quite similar in looks.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

May 25, 2015 2:40 am  #171

They are incredibly alike, they did well to find such a good match. I just thought that the actor had gotten older (naturally). I admit I fast forward through opening credits and skip the end credits too, so I missed the change of name

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

May 28, 2015 12:13 pm  #172

The facial expressions and movement he gave in his performance was remarkable. It proves why he was always able to hold your attention whenever he was on screen.

Last edited by BrettHolmes (May 28, 2015 12:14 pm)

June 1, 2015 9:21 pm  #173

What a diva 
He was brilliant though

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

June 27, 2015 2:43 am  #174

June 27, 2015 8:55 am  #175

Ah...ever the diplomat! 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

July 7, 2015 2:13 am  #176

I should also mention that Jeremy Brett and Edward Hardwicke also played their respective roles on stage during the same period of the TV series. They both did a two-handler play called “The Secret of Sherlock Holmes” at Wyndham’s Theatre in the West End. They had anticipated that it would only last for six weeks but it was such a big hit that it played for an entire year before later touring other parts of the U.K.

July 7, 2015 2:57 am  #177

Wow, that would have been amazing to see

July 7, 2015 7:56 pm  #178

What a pity that no record of the play exists - it looks fabulous. 

July 7, 2015 10:17 pm  #179

Unfortunately, the play was never filmed (even though it should have been). However, this page will lead you to another page that will give links to a full audio recording of it for both Act One and Two if your interested.

http://always1895.net/post/5789362036/full-recording-of-secret-of-sherlock-holmes

It isn't long and I will state that there isn't a "case" storyline as it is instead a rather funny and intense character study. Anyway, I enjoyed listening to it as Brett and Hardwicke are in wonderful form. There is also a very unique twist at the end. Enjoy!

July 8, 2015 5:53 pm  #180

Thank you very much, I appreciate it! 

Board footera