BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 8, 2015 5:19 pm  #1

General Elections 2015

How do you people feel regarding the results?
I am finding it terrible and, quite frankly, terrifying that UKIP has become the third political party in the UK.(We have the same political configuration in France...what does this say about the state of the Society, in general, I wonder...)
The collapse of Labour is, to be honest, a giant slap in the face, and I'm really hoping that they'll be able to reconstruct it in the (dark) years to come. The only thing that would crush me more than their collapse would be if UKIP (God forbid!) won.

(apologies if I haven't put it in the right thread, can't find it -.-)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

May 8, 2015 7:24 pm  #2

Re: General Elections 2015

Myself and all my friends and family are, quite frankly, depressed. What a complete disaster. Five more years of Cameron and it's even worse now the Tories have a majority. It's not even a coalition, just pure Tories.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

May 8, 2015 9:08 pm  #3

Of course I only see it from the outside but I wish the results would have been different. All those cuts in NHS, education, and culture …

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

May 8, 2015 10:11 pm  #4

I can only imagine how worse it can be now that the Tories have a majority. I know that when there was a coalition with Labour it was easier on the topic of Europe because Cameron couldn't "just" say "nope, we're leaving" because that's what the Tories wanted, he also had to satisfy Labour (yes, I don't understand everything, but that's roughly what I understood).
Won't deter me from coming whenever I can, though. Until I have enough money to settle in the UK.

"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

May 8, 2015 11:02 pm  #5

Even if I'm like Susi just watching from safe distance, I hoped for a different result. No fan of Cameron either. I just hope they sort out the EU question in a good way (but then, being German, I would say that wouldn't I). I'm not so sure if a ref is the best way to decide important questions like this.
UKIP makes me nervous and I really don't want them anywhere near power.

"It is what it is."

May 9, 2015 10:12 am  #6

I saw this on twitter, Mark retweeted it

By the way, has anyone seen "The Vote" with Mark Gatiss and Catherine Tate? It was brilliant.

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

May 9, 2015 10:23 am  #7

No, I haven't seen it, but I definitely plan to.

May 9, 2015 2:48 pm  #8

I emphasize deeply with those upset about this election.  Presidential election next year and I am terrified at the thought of Republicans taking the off.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

May 12, 2015 10:00 am  #9

Right.
And now Cameron plans to bring the referendum on EU forward to 2016...

July 7, 2022 8:29 pm  #10

good luck with that.  Im sure youll have the election overturned and Onogger tossed out on his ass any day now.

Great stuff....really.

February 10, 2024 7:52 pm  #11

Happy to read this! Astonishing insight and the level of details revealed is awesome!
Have a fantastic day!

Board footera