BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 6, 2015 2:53 pm  #61

Re: Inside the Actor's Studio: 10 Questions for our Members to answer

Right. I'm finally giving it a go. I should say, first, that I’m rubbish at favourites! It is going to be hard…

Favourite word…at the moment, synaesthesia. Or petrichor.
Least favourite word…that’s a really, really tough one…Swear words, especially the F and C ones.
Turn on… I would go for intelligence. And danger.
Turn off? Prying. And stupidity. Lack of curiosity.
Sound I love? Piano. Violin. Rain. Or silence, depending on the mood I’m in.
Sound I hate? Screams (joy, pain…whatever, I profoundly dislike screams). And people talking. And singing birds. And traffic.
Favourite curse word…I hate cursing, so obviously do not favour any of them. But when some do slip up…For God’s sake! (easier when you’re not a religious person). Or crap.
Profession other than my own…Well. I’m a very amateur actress, and would love to go deeper into that. Or writing.
Profession I would really not like to do? Well, that’s not an official profession, but I would profoundly dislike being some kind of torturer.
If heaven exists…It’s too hard to imagine. I’ll pass on that one.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

May 6, 2015 8:09 pm  #62

1. Favourite word: There are a lot of words I like, but the first that came to mind that is a word I like the sound of is fallacious.
2. Least favourite word: In the same vein as Lilithiell, I don't like any really bad curse words, probably the C word is the worst for me.  I also hate the word panties, just ugh I hate even typing it because it means you'll have to hear it sounded out in your head if you read this.
3.  What turns me on: I don't know whether I've really been turned on per se, but I guess nice hair is attractive, also intelligence and a good sense of humour.
4. What turns me off: sexist and homophobic comments, apathy
5. Sound or noise I love: waves breaking, the wind in the trees, pencil against paper, my cat purring
6. Sound or noise I hate: high screeches
7. Favourite curse word: Damn, although it's probably a pretty mild one.  Bollocks is probably milder-sounding to me than it is to an actual British person (correct me if I'm wrong), but I always found it to be a funny word.
8. Profession I'd like to try other than my own: I don't actually have a job/profession yet, but I'd try being a stage manager or voice actor.
9. Profession I would not like to try: I would not like to be a construction worker or a doctor.
10. I do not know whether there is a heaven, and I don't know for sure what I'd want God to say to me, but maybe him telling me I did enough, that I made a positive impression on people and I did something that mattered, that would be good.  Just confirming that I had a fulfilling and meaningful life.

I wonder what Sherlock would be able to deduce about us from our answers to these questions.

Clueing for looks.

January 19, 2016 2:23 pm  #63

saturnR wrote:

1. What is your favorite word?

Ephemera

2. What is your least favorite word?

Blather

3. What turns you on?

Hands

4. What turns you off?

Eyeballs. Eyeballs creep me out!!

5. What sound or noise do you love?

Rain on a metal roof when I'm cozy in bed

6. What sound or noise do you hate?

Windshield wipers

7. What is your favorite curse word?

feck is what I tend to use the most

8. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt?

Travel writer and/or food critic

9. What profession would you not like to do?

Anything in politics

10. If heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the pearly gates?

All of your pets are looking forward to seeing you again!

This is the set of questions that James Lipton always asks his guests at the end of every episode.
Let us hear you guys's answers

Board footera