BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 2, 2015 7:02 pm  #21

Re: 2015 Adobe Summit

Vhanja, I don't think anyone thought for a moment that you could be anywhere close to those horrible hater-people. It is fine to not swoon everytime Ben opens his mouth. He is just another human being, sometimes people will disagree with his words and actions, That is just an aspect of inter-human comminication, even a somewhat one-sided and long-distance one. A respectfully stated disagreement is a world away from the stuff that some of those haters engage with.

****************************************************************************************************************************************
We balance probabilities and choose the most likely. It is the scientific use of the imagination.    

May 2, 2015 11:44 pm  #22

I feel I need to clear up something here - I never for a second believed that anyone here thought me to be one of the "haters". God, no. My only worry was that I might have been mistaken for not agreeing with what Ben said about those kind of people and that kind of attention. Which I do - I agree and support him wholeheartedly on that issue.

My problem was only two minor things - I felt he was a bit too pushy. He reminded me of the politicians back in Norway who would push the host of whatever show they were on for five seconds more of screen time to get their agenda across. The second thing was the "cause I am"-comment.

That was it. Nothing else. And it's really not a big deal. As I've mentioned - it's probably a good thing, actually. To remove him from a pedastal and instead see him as this awesome, yet flawed (like myself and everybody else on this planet) human being. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

May 3, 2015 10:46 am  #23

I finally got 'round to watch this and I did quite enjoy it. I always enjoy listening to him talking... he can't be stopped once he's started!

I think he made some really valid points about a lot of things and I suppose there were a few things that seemed a bit 'much' but nothing really that could grind my gears... 

I respect him for actually speaking his mind and staying true to who he is... too many celebrities just say what you want or expect them to say and it makes every interview a copy paste thing... Ben is always exciting to hear because he seems so honest. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

May 3, 2015 3:29 pm  #24

In light of all the negative stuff that's going around the Sherlock/Ben fandom out there on the WWW right now, I think we should all take a moment and be thankful that this board exsists and that we all found each other here. 

Our forum is 99% polite, intellegent and drama free.  That's a hard thing to find on the internet today.

*raises a cuppa in honor of our forum*

.............with an additional shout out of thanks to The Boss for creating this wonderful space.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

May 3, 2015 4:13 pm  #25

Yes, cheers to that, tonnaree! This is really a wonderful place. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

May 3, 2015 4:20 pm  #26

I agree.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Team Hudders!

May 3, 2015 7:09 pm  #27

could not agree more.

****************************************************************************************************************************************
We balance probabilities and choose the most likely. It is the scientific use of the imagination.    

May 3, 2015 7:43 pm  #28

*passes and port around the room*

HAZZAH!

Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 

May 3, 2015 8:05 pm  #29

*passes a round of Whiskey*

You're so right tonne! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

May 3, 2015 9:03 pm  #30

You're quite right, tonnaree!

*Takes a glass of whisky.* *Bottom's up!*

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

May 3, 2015 9:04 pm  #31

Glenfiddich 18 Yrs, please. 

Team Hudders!

May 3, 2015 11:40 pm  #32

So glad I found you guys There are corners of the Internet that scare me (tumblr haters etc.) but this is a lovely place to be a fan. Sláinte!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

May 4, 2015 12:26 am  #33

TOPIC!

Didn't that Cumberbatch fellow give an interview some where?

Discuss!

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

Board footera